Saturday, 18 January 2014

WEAR CRAFTS SPONSORED SKETCH CHALLENGE...

The lovely Jen sent me some fab chalk studio papers recently, really beautiful papers, with a chalk board design on one side and some beautiful co-ordinating patterns on the reverse.  After stroking them (as you do) for a while, she mentioned that she was sponsoring a fabulous sketch challenge over on the Scrap365 blog - click here to see the challenge.  Once I'd seen the challenge and the papers I thought I'd combine the two to come up with my own take on the sketch.

Documenting a fabulous day at Portmeirion last year, I used these beautiful papers to create the layout, I also used the strips off the bottom of the pages to create some of the elements behind (you know the bit I mean the bit you normally throw away but it usually has a sample of the papers as well as the name etc).

Now this page isn't quite how I expected it to turn out, predominantly because my original intention was to use the back of the main backing paper instead of this side, but as I was so tired I went into cutting and sticking mode - honestly!  Thankfully it worked - the large 'Every Day' element is part of the original paper - thanks to Lesley my design team buddy (click here to check out Lesley's fabulous blog which also has a take on the sketch)  for this fabulous idea!
I had also chosen to 'gut' the paper in order to make the most of it, so then I turned out a second layout using these fabulous papers!  Documenting said 13 year old and said niece as they revert back to their childhood!
If you fancy having a chance at winning these beautiful papers, head over the to Scrap365 blog (link above), grab the sketch and some stash and have a play - you never know you might be the lucky winner.  If you're not or you don't want to wait you can always check out Jen's website to get your hands on these beautiful papers!

5 comments:

  1. brilliant! I love the paper gutting, jenx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful LOs both of them! The one of son and niece is such fun!
    Great use of the papers...may have to check them out on Jen's website.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what super LOs Virginia. I love them both and that chalkboard paper looks fabulous.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really are making me want to scrapbook again. What with sifting through my 2013 photos today for the RYWF post and seeing all your pages... I'm realising my photos never see light of day!

    I love these ones. Fab idea with the gutting!

    ReplyDelete