Tuesday, 14 January 2014

WEAR CRAFTS - GRAPHIC 45 FRENCH COUNTRY - JUST ONE MORE LAYOUT

Good morning, hope Tuesday greets you positive and bright, I have one final layout to share from a selection I've done recently using the fabulous Graphic 45 French Country papers sent from the lovely Jen at Wear Crafts, head over to her website if you fancy getting hold of some of these yourself.

This was when I had pretty much run out of those gorgeous papers, I had some scraps left on my desk and thought that I surely could create one more layout.

I grabbed a sheet of cream cardstock that I had as these papers have a beautiful rich cream base running through them and started playing.  I am not great with white space, but on the few times I manage to pull it off - it works a treat.

I edged the papers in a distress type stamp using some peeled paint distress ink and then got to playing.

By matting the photo on the dark heraldic paper it still pops, then I layered papers behind it.  I used a border punch on the top left with some strips of paper I had left over and the 'offcut' from this punched strip is the scalloped edge you can see above the red paper.

The photo is of me, my sister and said 13 year old when we went to Crich Tramway museum in 2013, we were treated to a fabulous sunny day and there is a fantastic woodland walk all the way back down into the 'town' which we enjoyed! Oh for a sunny day!

Up close you can see the hand stamped title and the inking and scalloped edge.  It really was great fun to make!
I hope you have got off to a fabulous scrapping start in 2014!  Catch ya later!

4 comments:

  1. Love this layout, I also used every little bit of everything - hate waste :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've really made the most of this paper, well done hun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a girl after my own heart... Use every last bit. Love the White space jenx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we might have to thank Jen. You've scrapped lOADS since joining the team - it's nice to see so many posts from you :) Love how you've used those scraps here! Craig wants me to start scrapping again - it's just finding a style that suits me rather than what I think people want to see - I did like the idea of a kind of Project Life style even if not doing it every day...

    ReplyDelete