Sunday, 12 January 2014

WEAR CRAFTS - FRENCH COUNTRY LAYOUT

Good Morning tis Sunday and what better way to start the day but share a layout with you.  These are using the fabulous Graphic 45 papers, sent by the lovely Jen at Wear Crafts.  I shared with you a 'heraldic' style double layout yesterday using these papers, which as I mentioned I was a little daunted by due to the heavy patterning on them, but they really are a delight to use.

This also meets the UK Scrappers challenge set by my fabulous team the Juicy Journallers - this is the one girls where I struggled a bit with the spray inks if I'm honest!

I created a border for the page, hand stamped using peeled paint distress ink the hearts and stars, I used some vibrant spray ink, but then put a doily I had lying around (as you do) over the top to tone it down.  The title is hand stamped and I created a circle to put in the middle of the doily out of the papers.

I backed the strip along the bottom on cream cardstock, I added some handcut chevrons (which are harder to create than I expected and journalled on the top left hand side.  All in all I was really pleased with the finished item and I think it again shows the versatility of these papers.

Up close you can see the hand stamped title and the ink splodges as well as the hearts and stars on the page.
Hope you are having a happy scrapping Sunday.

4 comments:

  1. Love the stamping and how you've used those chevrons - clever :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Page- I love close ups as you can't always see the fabby details :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful LO Virginia - the chevrons look super.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the doily centre! I am totally lifting that idea, jenx

    ReplyDelete