Saturday, 25 January 2014

UK SCRAPPERS WEEK 3 CHALLENGE

It has to be said that I do love a good challenge, I can't help it, it's the thought of sticking to the rules, so this year being part of a points gathering team on UK Scrappers has really spurred me on to join in the challenges that are posted each week.  There is so much inspiration on UK Scrappers it really is a joy to join in and feel part of the community.

This is my take on the week 3 challenge, there was a link to a colour seed which included a deep red, deep pink and then variations on what I could only describe as taupe, so a hunting I did go.
I found some plain cardstock for the red initially but it wasn't quite right, so I kept on hunting until I came across this sheet of paper and then added the taupe colours from other paper stacks I've got.  Not only did we need to use the colour seed but also scrap a photo taken outdoors, and add at least two triangles to the layout and either a cluster of embellishments or plenty of layering.  As you can see I opted for the layering.

One of the reasons why challenges are so much fun is that you end up scrapping photos differently than you would had you been left to your own devices, there's no way I'd have chosen pink to go with the photo, but it works!

Here's to plenty more challenges coming our way!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful job! The pink works perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting LO - great colours!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete