Monday, 16 December 2013

WEAR CRAFTS DECEMBER KIT - GROTTO LAYOUT

Well it has to be said that I had so much fun with the December Wear Crafts kit, it's actually really nice to be doing Christmas layouts in December.  As the kit was here I decided to print off some photos at home (not something that I normally do so that the layouts could be finished.

I'm going to share the five layouts that I managed from the kit over the next few days.  Here is the first one.

The papers have a really lovely soft muted tone to them and because they include lots of different colours really do lend themselves to all the colour themes that you might encounter during the festive season.

Now although there is a little white in the papers the predominant matching colour is a light creamy yellow and as yellow isn't a colour I normally scrap with I had plenty of pale yellowy cream cardstock to use with the kit out of my own collection, having said that I'm sure most people would have a complimentary cardstock in their stash to go with this gorgeous kit.

The first paper I used from the kit was the beautiful tree paper, again I've been gutting the centres to get the most out of the kit.  The 'flags' above the hearts and the 'grotto' label are all part of the kit.

I've embellished the pages with a little hand stitching and the left hand edge of the cardstock has been cut with decorative scissors and inked with distress inks.

The 'Grotto' title came from the kit as a blank and I simply stamped on the word.  The red hearts are plain cardstock that's been die cut and embossed with a snowflake folder.
I hope you like what I've done, check back tomorrow for the next layout.

If you want to know more about the lovely kits and gorgeous scrapping goodies available then click on the Wear Crafts logo at the top right to find out more.

7 comments:

  1. Ooh....that is one gorgeous LO Virginia....love the papers and your accents.
    Will check out the kit... ;)
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't generally "do" Christmas layouts but I do love that paper - I love how you've embossed the hearts :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great LO, it showcases that photo beautifully. Love the embossing on the hearts.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, I love the papers and that photo is beautiful. I hope you are keeping well and looking forward to having lots more blog browsing time over the holidays to catch up on all your posts :) Have a super Christmas.

    ReplyDelete