Tuesday, 31 December 2013

2013 A YEAR IN REVIEW ...

Well I'm feeling contemplative (nothing new for New Year's Eve if I'm honest) and thought I'd sit and ponder the year that was (2013 that is).

It has been a mighty tough year in certain respects and in these respects it isn't one that I want to repeat. But in amongst the nonsense, anguish and at time frustrations there have been some amazing people and amazing times to celebrate.  So this post is my round up of some of the positives that have occurred this year.

Well there was the snow (and the lone post person), but snowy walks are beautiful and exhilarating!
I also started out with a fabulous intention to read these books, I didn't manage them all, but some, intending on making headway into the remainder in 2014.
 There was the refuelling stop on a snow walk in order to be able to walk back!
 And learning to sculpt sand at Harewood!
 A trip to the seaside is good for the soul!
 And catching up with friends was good fun too!
 Welcome trays at Easter!
 And trying purple potatoes!
 Discovering Mr Watt
 And genius barbecue eating meant setting up a tent home!
 Visiting Castles
 And joining in fabulous collaborart swaps!
 Having fun at paint a pot!
 And discovering the art of catching the flying icing sugar in your mouth!
 Mischief one and mischief 2
 Said 12 year old becoming said 13 year old!
 Discovering Northumberland!
 Making happy cards
 
 Family holidays
 spent enjoying each others company!
 And the joy of winning a minion!
 Outdoor theatre of the Shakespeare kind!
 Enjoying arting in the visitors book!
 Wandering around the beyond limits exhibit at Chatsworth
 And enjoying the autumn sunshine!


 Trip back to Stratford for October half term and the Mad Museum!
 Which is fabulous!
 Seeing the Coca Cola truck!
 Visiting Narnia!

 And seeing my sister enjoying tea with Mr Tumnus!
 Christmas preparations!
 These two mad women who have kept me sane this year!
My niece whose growing up not only into a beautiful young woman, but also one with a fabulous sense of humour and personality!
Joining in Secret Santa swaps - first on UKS 
 And the second via Carmen's blog!
Being asked to be part of the Wear Crafts design team - utterly amazed I was and having so much fun! Jen thank you - I hope you know by now what it means to me! 

Also to Lesley who is also part of the Wear Crafts DT, fabulous getting to know you hun!

And then there are the friends who have kept me sane this year, let me rant, cry, chat, download, you name it!

and of course my sister Melanie!

Being blessed with an amazing family, my hubby who is my rock and always has been, my son, for continuing to be an absolute joy and pleasure to be around and for making us very very proud.  My cousin for being there for me this year. 

I hope your year has been kind to you, but if it's been a hard one I truly hope that 2014 brings happiness, prosperity and joy to you and your home.  I'll leave you with an Irish Blessing that my Grandma used to say to us 

"May your days be many and your troubles be few.  May all God's blessings descend on you.  May peace be within you may your heart be strong.  May you find what you're seeking wherever you roam!" 

Until 2014 my good people...


7 comments:

  1. A fabulous re-cap Virginia. That snow photo is just beautiful - I love the 'Postie's' splash of colour against the clean whiteness.
    I wish you a great New Year and hope that 2014 brings you lots more positives.

    Hugs & best wishes to you & yours.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is good to look back. I am glad you had many happy memories of the year. Wishing you a new year filled with hope and joy, and many more happy memories in the making! I've enjoyed getting to know you through our blogs this year. Hugs. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic post (and I got a mention too :) )
    What a great look back at your year - wishing you the happiness and health in the year to come and working with you as part of that wonderful team that we both love so very much :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous year! Have a great 2014. I wish you health, wealth and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful end of the year post. All good wishes for the New Year xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super round up of your year (I'm chuffed I got a mention too!).

    Wishing you and those you love a very happy and healthy New Year.

    Tonight, I'll be raising my glass to "friendships".

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the mention....you girls have kept me sane too.
    Best wishes for 2014...may it contain lots of positives like those above and none of the bad bits suffered this year.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete