Wednesday, 27 November 2013

WEAR CRAFTS KIT FOR NOVEMBER ...

Good morning, my first post for Wear Crafts design team and what a fantastic time I've had with it.  Now I'm not sure if Jen realises just what a 'frugal' scrapper I am when it comes to kits.  I mean I love to see how much I can actually get out of the kit, that means that you can really see what fantastic value a kit really is.  So this is what I made, the only 'additions' to the kit have been white cardstock, which I'm sure we all have 'in stock' a little embroidery thread (from my extensive days of cross stitching), distress inks with a little bit of stamping with stamps I already have and a mask.

So my first layout was this one, the papers really are gorgeous, really heavy weight, you can feel the quality with the papers.
Up close you can see the detail, this layout really is based on gutting (when you take the piece out behind thus maximising the kit) and matting and layering!
Examples of my gutting (apologies for the quality of the photos).

This is the pink border, cut out and adhered to a sheet of white paper.
 Then the square added over the top
 Gutting the mask for the photo
 Laying the photo on top - you'd never know would you
 Taking the area out where the photo would sit before adhering to the paper.
 Then layering over the top
Next layout, again gutting and layering as I go, this one at a jaunty angel.
Up close I've distressed the edges of the paper (and the hole punched hearts) and you can see a little of that embroidery thread.
Again in progress shots.

Next up, another fun layout, I chose to cut the elements out one of the sheets and layer them up, a few more hole punched hearts and those gorgeous alphas at the bottom right hand side (part of the kit).  I edged the page with a bit of distress stamping to make the page pop.
Up close, you can see I've rounded the corners of the 'bingo cards' that I cut from the big sheet and you can see the gorgeous dark green alphas!
Then supplies were becoming a little thin, so I background stamped a sheet of white cardstock with a verse stamp and a punchinella mask, before cutting out squares and using up the reverse of one of the gutted sheets to create the square frame around the page.  The title is one of my own alpha stamps coloured in.
Up close you can see more of those gorgeous tiny alphas stickers that came with the kit, plus the background printing.
Then I was left with offcuts, mmmm what could I do, big shot at the ready and cut those hexagons, made a huge pile of them on my desk and then created this final layout. A little distress stamping at the opposite corners, hand written journalling and a hand stamped title and it was done.
Up close you can see those hexagons fit together perfectly and because it's such a fabulous kit it just comes together so easily!
But wait I still had some hexagons left?

So created a quick patchwork card
Feeling inspired well the bad news is that this kit was so popular it's sold out however, Jen has some fabulous other kits on her site and introduces a new kit frequently - you just want to see how gorgeous the December kit is - honestly it's beautiful!


7 comments:

  1. Gosh look at how busy you've been - fabulous LOs Virginia and I love that card that you made with the 'leftovers'.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic work! I am so pleased that you agreed to DT for Wear Crafts! We must call you the frugal crafter or the frugal scrapper. Great use of the papers and fab tutorials! Thanks pet, jenx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas for a 'newby' scrapper to consider! I wouldn't have thought about cutting the 'mask' (if Im correct in thinking this is what it is) for the photo to sit on -saves card or paper doesnt it? Also, I like the distressing of the edges -Jen I think I may need advice on distressing ink on Friday!
    Thanks for sharing your inspirational ideas. Cant wait for Friday evening!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fab. The tutorial was great and I have increased my repertoire of ideas just a little bit more!
    Jen, please could I purchase some distressing ink on Friday evening? Im so looking forward to sitting and crafting. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Susan! Fancy seeing you over at Virginia's place.... isn't she clever? We can certainly provide the supplies you require! ;) See you, and hopefully Hannah, on Friday. Happy scrapping, jenx

      Delete
  5. Beautiful, I especially love the patchwork and congratulations too :)

    ReplyDelete