Tuesday, 27 August 2013

BOUDOIR LAYOUT

Good morning all, another feminine layout of mine, I blame the kit I was using.  Another one I was unsure of until it was complete and then I was quite happy.

I managed to use photos from when we visited Attingham, the Boudoir room had been meticulously renovated and cleaned, they'd left a small part to show how discoloured and dull it had become over the years.

The lady who had the task of bringing the room back to it's former glory, had spent several years in this room and she'd used cotton buds to clean it - can you imagine!  I don't think I'd have had the patience.  But the room did look amazing for it!

Apparently the word Boudoir (according to the guide at Attingham) is the french word that means to sulk?  Really ladies retired to their boudoir to sulk?  Actually come to think of it - maybe they did!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely LO Virginia.

    Amazing that someone could endure that amount of cleaning with such a small implement.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete