Wednesday, 24 July 2013

WEDNESDAY POST

Good morning, well I'm searching through my blog folder and realised that I'd shared my entry into the Desert Island Discs circle journal on Collaborart (where the journal originates click here to find out more) but not on my blog, so I thought I'd share it here before it gets archived.

This journal was the second fabric journal that had crossed my path and I chose the track We Are Young and created an Empire State building in the clouds (as per the lyrics), I used fabric pens and fabric spray paint to create the background and then had fun with my sewing machine for the afternoon

I then added to other entries in the journal, a little bit of white machine stitching on this one.
A quilting stitch on this one
 The gold 'tie back' and edged checked board on this one

 Going over the title on this one
 and some more decorative stitches on this one
 finally a bit more coloured machine stitching on this one.


 And a wavy line on this one.
This CJ is now drawing to a close with one final entry into Donna's journal which I'll share with you in the future, hope you're all having a great Wednesday!

6 comments:

  1. Oh Virginia that sewn Empire State Building is just wonderful and I just love your background.

    I love all the little finishing touches you have added to the other journals as well

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am constantly amazed at people who can 'draw' with a machine. I love these little snippets Virginia. I have wanted to make a fabric journal for ages, ever since I saw one at a workshop. Then I found this old article by Jennie http://loveandpeascreations.blogspot.co.uk/2011/01/my-3-babies.html you and your mini book skills would be amazing at some kind of fabric book! We should both have a bash at one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the effect you've achieved with your sewing.It's unique and I love the Empire State!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Virginia, certainly looks like you've been having fun - love all the fabulous textures and techniques you've used.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. well that is unbelievable! I am in awe! jenx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not only are you a scrapbooking wonder you have amazing sewing skills too...or my machine is broken. Love your additions. I think I need to play with mine more.

    ReplyDelete