Saturday, 6 July 2013

BLOG CANDY AND WHAT I DID WITH IT

A few weeks ago I was the lucky winner of some blog candy from Jen at the fabulous Wear Crafts, bless her she even doctored it to tailor it to what she thought would be my kind of papers and when they arrived I had this little lot to go at
I set myself the challenge of creating layouts using the papers, using minimal embellishments from my stash and only adding white and black cardstock!   So what did I create?

The main embellishment that I used was embroidery thread for hand stitching.
 I also 'gutted' a lot of the pages so I could maximise usage of the same.
I love the shaped element of the main paper in this layout so cut it from it's original background and used it as a template for other pages such as the first layout above.
 I used shaped scissors to create a mat for the title - simple and effective.
And this gorgeous paper already had machine stitching on it (turquoise) and a hand stitched element on it (yellow), so I went over the yellow with real thread, you can't tell that the turquoise is just on the paper rather than an added embellishment!
I adored this paper, so beautiful, I distressed the edges, added the additional white cardstock to create the border and some yellow embroidery thread.
This paper was definitely an 'almost' done paper - beautiful in it's own right, I matted onto white and then black, added the hand stitching on the pink band and kept the photo on the top part of the page to let the paper speak for itself.
Rectangles and squares on this one and hand stitching on the orange circles. .
This looks like another cut out shape, but is in fact the reverse side of the off cuts from the shape recreating the shape on the page!
 And finally the single sheet of double sided black and white paper was put through it's paces with some additional black and white card stock.
So a big thank you to Jen - for the fabulous gift which was great fun to use, did I use all of the papers she sent - nope I've a few left which I'm going to combine with my own stash some time in the near future!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, well used Virginia, & I love spotting all the stitching you've done on them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous work as usual! Very impressive and thanks for the shout out! jenxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blimey Virginia! Talk about getting the worth out of it. I would never think to gut the middles so top tip for someone (me) thinking about starting scrapping again.

    Absolutely gorgeous every single one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you scrap so many of your special memories... beautiful pages :)

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever to cut out the middle and the paper sewing embellishment did look very real. I love all the idea and inspiration and I now have an idea for this weeks SOC! Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are amazing - you've really used the papers well. I love all the different colours of stitching! x

    ReplyDelete