Sunday, 23 June 2013

SUNDAY MORNING - HOW'S YOU???

Good morning, well we've woken to crazy breezy grey mad weather again this morning, it doesn't feel like June particularly, although it is supposed to start settling down from tomorrow (fingers crossed).  Hubby on with a full cooked English breakfast bless him and I've been catching up on lovely blogs so win win.  Been up since 7am so already feeling tired but a nice Sunday stretches out in front of us.

Right what crafting do I have to share this morning?

This layout that I did of the welcome tray when we were stopping at a barn conversion in Much Wenlock, I really enjoyed working with this photo because the colours aren't my normal colour scheme.  I used one of Mary-Anne's printables as a title on the page matted onto some green and yellow cardstock to make it pop.  If you want copies of your own - then head over to Mary-Anne's blog to see them the link is here
Up close you can see the chipboard hearts that I painted yellow, backed with green cardstock and used dots of glossy accents to create an embellishment.  I also handstitched on the layout but because the yellow thread didn't stand out I ran a green thread through it as well!  Also using up some daisy flowers in line with the papers, don't you love it when a layout just works.
Hope you have a fantastic Sunday!

3 comments:

  1. I'd be so scared of using those colours together but they go so well on your page! Very windy & grey here as well

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are not my colours either, but you did well. Love the close ups. Very clever making your own embellishments.

    ReplyDelete