Saturday, 22 June 2013

SUMMER OF COLOUR WEEK 2

Morning all, well I have to stop with this orange and hot pink because I've got a little bit obsessive.  I mean not a bit obsessive but quite obsessive, it started with a gelli plate session, unlike last week where I was churning out the A4 pieces this week I started that way and then thought "What about all those 12 x 12 sheets of white paper that come in the scrapbook albums?" - so I set too with those!  Mmmmmm so here we go - eyes down starter for ten no conferring

First up 12 x 12 layouts, this one was using a fabulous scrapbook sketch from UK Scrappers from their Old Stash New Stash inspiration post, check these out in the Inspirations and Challenges threat.  It's a really versatile sketch and great for 'using up' leftovers when you've been blitzing your way through layouts and have lots of leftovers!
This one was is part of a double page, documenting an early gelli plate session with my sister, samples of our work
 And a jaunty shot of the state the house was in as a result LOL
 Here they are as the double page
Next up I used a blonde moments paper originally a Christmas paper with reddish pink and green circles on it, I spent some time painting over the green circles, great fun, I then used some gelli prints on the page, this one is another sketch from the Old Stash New Stash inspiration - this one being June's sketch (again so versatile).
This one using a gelli print background I loved how it turned out but then like I said got a bit obsessed generating lots of gelli prints!
 Then I did cards, not fully finished but a good start.
 Up close






Then I started some mail art
Up close



 Can't wait to see the colour choice for next week!

10 comments:

  1. WOW, so awesome that you were inspired to make lots of projects. These are all fabulous and fun and pretty!! I think these colors are great together, everyone seems to enjoy them. These colors will keep inspiring me after the week is over. WAY TO GO!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! someone's been busy :D

    Love it all but esp the mail art and the first layout with the grid system

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOWZA!!!!! You were a busy artist this week! You created so many wonderful works of art! Thank you so much for sharing all of them with us! I love your scrapbook pages, your cards, and your mail art! All of them are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOWW!!. So many beautiful art pieces to admire!. I don't mind going bonkers over gelli prints either when you can make all these! :). Great art.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! you did so many amazing things with the colors. Great layouts and cards! I can't believe you were able to create so much! Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blimey! You were on a roll!!!!

    I love everything :) Such happy colours aren't they?

    My favourites are the fun mail art.

    Have a great weekend

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you must have been inspired by these colours, awesome work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. fabulous and bright and colourful and summery! jenx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great use of the colours, I so love your spreads. I also love what you can do with the gelli printing. Love them. The cards are stunning too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW oh WOW! I LOVE all of the variety here - your prints, cards and layouts are so pretty and those mail art pieces rock! xoxo

    ReplyDelete