Sunday, 16 June 2013

SUMMER OF COLOUR - WEEK 1

Morning all, well I think I should get this in by the skin of my teeth, I was soooooooooooo excited to see this go live over on Kristin's blog - Twinkle Twinkle - click here to go see.  I enjoyed this challenge last year so much and made loads of mail art in the process.  This year the colours are members choice, which is lovely because we get to vote and the first week's colour choice is turquoise and citron green which turned out to be a fantastic colour combination.

And this is what I made layouts, gelli prints, basis for cards and some jigsaw pieces - atrocious photo but I've done some close ups

Layout, the background paper is just soooooooooo hard to use because it's so visually busy, but toned down with plain cardstock and then using a gelli print base below it means I get to use paper which quite frankly I thought I might not and I get to incorporate gelli print in my layouts!
Again using up papers I never thought I'd manage, the stripy paper behind the photos I've had forever and loved but never quite fathomed out what to do with it!
Then a double page layout, using up papers from different ranges, I was going to try and paint out the pinky coloured flower in the paper to make it true to the scheme but ran out of time!
 Up close
 and again
Then I gelli-printed some jigsaw pieces I had no idea what I'll do with them but had great fun in the process
 And some card stock
 And some potential mail art
 And then said 12 year old 'borrowed' some to make a Father's Day card
Can't wait to find the next colour scheme!  Thank you Kristin!

13 comments:

  1. You really have been on a roll there Virginia - so many pieces.

    I love this colour combo.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how many things you made with these colors. How inspired you were to do so many. They all turned out GREAT!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh such lovely prints, so many possibilities!!!. My favorite has to be the gelli jig saw, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, Virginia - you really rocked this colour combo!! Great LOs, but you know I'm drooling over your Gelli prints, don't you?! GELLI!!!!!!

    I wonder what the colours will be for next week - looking forward to seeing what you do with them :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Virginia you really were a hive of activity. I like that pink flower in amongst all the green and blue. I love everything you've come up with here - especially the bunting strewn across your layouts and the 12 yr olds card :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing you've made some gorgeous projects there! That colour combo really is quite lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. it really was a great color combo this week and you really did it justice. beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did an amazing job with these colors! Your projects are all wonderful and beautiful at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous use of the colours. You have been scrapbooking up a storm lately! I love the jigsaw pieces. :) So much goodness you have produced this week!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You really did so much with the theme, it's a joy to see! I love how you incorporated the gelli prints on to your scrap page, and love those puzzle pieces! So much beauty here, thank you for sharing, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. they look great! love the colours! jenx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow you made a lot of projects with this color combo! Great job using the "busy" patterned papers. Everything looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. such a wonderful post of colour... I like the layouts a lot and it looks as though you have found many uses for the other papers... happy week 1

    ReplyDelete