Wednesday, 19 June 2013

A QUICK WEDNESDAY POST...

Where are the weeks going too, blink and you miss the weekend, then we're at Wednesday and before you know it it'll be Rocking Your World Friday again - scary stuff.  Well I'm trudging back to work this morning, not sure how that will go but keep your fingers and toes crossed everything is OK, had a few emotional rollercoaster days which are never good so I thought I'd share a quick layout with you.  I'm still steaming along with these layouts, however, this weeks layout obsession seems to centre around orange and bright pink - mmmm Summer of Colour Challenge anyone?  Anyway I've not photographed them so it'll have to be something out of the folder.

This is another one of those 'almost done' papers that I started with the doorway in the bottom left corner had me stumped for quite a while as I had no idea of how to incorporate it into a layout, I settled eventually on using the shape as the base for the photo and then the rest came easy, I added the keys strip left and right of the photo some letter stickers for the title and strips of paper for the journalling.
I had also got some circles on my desk and some offcuts of ribbon which I used to create the embellishment on the page.  It turned out quite fun although I don't think my spacing was perfect.  Finished off with some hand cross stitch elements bottom right and top left.
If you happen by thanks for taking a look hope your weeks aren't flying by as quickly as mine (unless you want them to in which case carry on!).

8 comments:

  1. Love the LO Virginia - the doorway really draws the eye to the photo.

    Boy is time flying - can you believe the TV craft channels have already started the Summer Christmas events...groan...

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is lovely! great colours and composition. Happy wednesday, jenx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of that paper Virginia and I hope everything goes well for you during the week

    Suzy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unfortunately my weeks are flying by too:( Love you page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the LO, and good for you that you used the paper with the architecture so well, they always have me totally stumped when they are sort of half finished before I begin!! hugs Annette

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super page Virginia, the weeks are flying by really quick - scary. I love how you've used the frame and the circles and ribbon are fab :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I know, I know - where are the brakes already!

    But to your page - love it. Love how you started with that door and it all fell intoi place. Love most of all those circles, the pop of blue they bring and that stitching :)

    ReplyDelete