Monday, 24 June 2013

A QUICK MONDAY MORNING POST...

Morning all well the weekend went in the blink of an eye didn't it (or was that just mine?).  And here we are at Monday morning again, got lots of jobs to do but thought I'd catch up on blogs etc before setting too on the jobs list (as there are quite a few things I need to tick off the sheet today).  It'll have to be a layout to share, I've got a few other bits in the background at the moment but want to finish elements on them before posting!

This layout was created using an unused kit that I bought off the marketplace on UKScrappers, honestly I could have spent a fortune, this particular kit really was my taste in papers, the colour scheme and designs really being part of my normal style.

The photos I know look atrocious on the layout however, but that's because they were taken through an aquarium.  They are from a visit to the Deep and hubby took two photos of me and said 12 year old and in the second shot - we got photo bombed by a fish - made us giggle quite a lot when we downloaded the photos at the end of the day.
Up close you can see the hand stitching around the hexagons.  The hexagon paper was a whole sheet, but I cut into it and added to another paper to create the layout.  I'll try and share the rest of the layouts from this kit this week, it was a hefty kit with lots of paper, cardstock and embellishments but I still felt like I had to get my money's worth, and managed 10 full layouts with it - which I was most pleased with, lots of gutting of papers to make the most of it but was really pleased with what I achieved!
 Thank you for looking!

3 comments:

  1. The photos are fab! so much movement & atmosphere to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photos. It is these kind of photos that capture family memories and stories. Beautiful papers too.

    ReplyDelete