Tuesday, 28 May 2013

SNEAK PEAK - STEAMPUNK STYLEY - SUSIE LOOK AWAY IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE...

Hello all - how are you this morning, we've been promised a lousy day of rain and more rain so a craft day is planned with my sister, my niece and my Mum - should be fun, wonder if we'll actually get anything finished?

Anyway I've got a few friends who've decided to collaborate on an art project and it's started doing the rounds.  Mine started off spectacularly poorly with a very basic black and red design as I was running late to get it in the post.

However, I received my first one from Susie who had chosen a theme of steampunk - and her entry is beautiful as you can see (put this one first because Susie's seen it and if she doesn't want to see what I've done it doesn't spoil the 'surprise')
And this is my entry, a gelli plate background, die cut cogs.  Silver card stock, dry embossed and then black paint over it and wiped off to leave the black paint in the recesses.  Two strips of copper coloured paper hole punched and eyeletted, some real cogs from watch parts and a pair of copper wings added for effect (these were a freebie stamp on Craft Stamper recently) and I was done, the piece is now in the hands of Sarah.
This is the collaborative artwork up to now, can't wait to see how this one develops.

5 comments:

  1. Ooh...I love your section Virginia!! This is going to look so cool when it's finished!
    Thank you!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Looks fabulous. Love the steampunk theme. Something I have wanted to explore. I love how it looks. I keep meaning to post my collaborative postcard now I have it back but it remains on my to-do list...that never gets any smaller. I can hardly wait to see how these all look.

    Enjoy your craft day, I see the sun did not last too long, hopefully the rain doesn't either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like anything you do is poor!!! These collaborative pieces always turn out awesome!! :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this one! Susie's has a really interesting background for her fab Steampunk butterfly and your heart is amazing! You two girls have set a high standard, which will cause me some stress when it reaches me!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh just wait till you see what Sarah did too. I'm slumped after seeing your three's awesomeness. I really love what you did and I love seeing them filling up :-)

    ReplyDelete