Sunday, 28 April 2013

FIGHTING AGAINST THE TIDE SOMEWHAT AND A SCRAPBOOK LAYOUT...

I find myself at a mental crossroads, not sure if it's the tablets I'm taking or the time of year, or reflecting on my Dad's life that was only 40 years long (it was the 24th anniversary of his passing yesterday).  Some parts of my life are fantastic and I wouldn't change them for the world, blessed with an amazing husband and a gorgeous son whom I'm lucky to spend time with, who know and understand me.  However, other elements seem to be constantly out of my range, I seem to aspire to that day - you know the one, the one when you have time to do ... and then you'll ... and that's obviously once you've lost some weight, changed your style and become ... mmmmmmmmmmmmm I seem to be waiting, constantly waiting for 'that' right time.  Which is why I feel I'm at a cross roads and I feel like it's time to make some changes.

I personally at the moment cannot see the wood for the trees.  So this morning whilst hubby cooks pancakes and makes pots of tea, reading his new book on bread, with the blackbirds rushing around the garden identifying their territory and the sparrows spending time in the conifers looking for nesting material I'm sat creating a 'goal' template on my computer, because it's time to take from the brain the things that are rattling around and give them some order, some I'll drop (not worth it), some I'll acknowledge (in an 'about time' kind of way) and the rest I'll give myself the time to identify, absorb and make a plan.  It's been a fruitful morning this morning making the template and being quiet, it's so nice being quiet don't you think.  The only noise being the clickety click of the keyboard as I tap away.

So today will be using my new 'goal' sheets to create a plan I'll let you know how it's going

And just so you've got something to look at a scrapbook layout

from Chatsworths Beyond Limits last year next to a giant Hare.

Thanks for stopping by I hope your Sunday proves beautiful and blessed.

4 comments:

  1. Your layout is lovely as always. I hope you are ok with all this talk of tablets and so on. I know what you mean about taking stock and listing goals. Sometimes you need to get your brain down on paper. I use bubbly flow chart things all the time and encourage the kiddywinkles I teach to do the same. And your dad... 40 is too young and I understand how hurtful that must be. Changing things... well you know I have made massive changes in my life. And I have to say they are for the best. I am still the same stressy, overconcerned, paranoid, overcaring, far-too-sensitive, emotional, passionate dafty as ever, but I have cut out completely the main thing which caused the strain and the pain and it has made such a difference. If someone had told me 20 years ago that I would not want a career any more and I would not be flying high by 50, I would never have believed them. But Virginia, I am cooking Sunday roast, sorting washing and ironing and boxing things up to send out and I really am happy. I think I am choosing to be happy. When the little demons creep in, I choose happy instead. It is very hard but I think I am managing to do it. Now, I promise I will rock my world with you this week... but like you I am running out of time and skimming the surface of everything at the moment with dad and whatnot. I hope you really take care of yourself and make some time for you too. Don't post this comment just have it as a little message because I can't 'speak' to you any other way. If you need a chatter, you can always pm me on scrappers. If it is any consolation I also think there are some very strange celestial alignments at the moment which are just making everyone frazzled! jenxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so with you ...my life is full of 'when I'm ready' and 'when the time is right'.I make lists but never complete them ....and I often feel down that I have not done the things I wanted to and should have.My most recent were 'I should have lost atleast 3 stone for my sons wedding but I put more weight on' and 'I should take it seriously that I'm diabetic'. I think there are many of us out there that are going through the same.I love the idea of the goal sheets ...might give that a try ....soon .
    Great LO btw. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Writing goal sheets is such a good idea - maybe by putting them down in pen and ink it makes your goals seem more real and therefore more achievable. You have so much to fit into your waking hours, so much that HAS to be done with work and family, that it's not surprising that your other aims in life seem to be elusive.

    Wishing you the best of luck, dear Virginia.

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah Virginia. Big hugs for that anniversary. So young.

    Like everyone has said - you do so much, SO much. Something has to give. the goal sheets are an excellent idea. I'm rooting for you. Whenever things get to much I go back to a post I did on a journal page (I really must re-make it for myself as it was in someone elses journal) and read the quote - it's a favourite of mine and I'll post it here: (It's rather long but I find it helps me x)

    "For a long time it seemed to me that life was about to begin - real life. But there was always some obstacle in the way, something to be gotten through first, some unfinished business, time to still be served, a debt to be paid. Then life would begin. At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life...

    This perspective has helped me to see that there is no way to happiness. Happiness is the way. So, treasure every moment that you have. And treasure it more because you shared it with someone special, special enough to spend your time … and remember that time waits for no one…

    So stop waiting until you finish school, until you go back to school, until you lose ten pounds, until you gain ten pounds, until you have kids, until your kids leave the house, until you start work, until you retire, until you get married, until you get divorced, until Friday night, until Sunday morning, until you get a new car or home, until your car or home is paid off, until spring, until summer, until fall, until winter, until you are off welfare, until the first or fifteenth, until your song comes on, until you've had a drink, until you've sobered up, until you die, until you are born again to decide that there is no better time than right now to be happy… Happiness is a journey, not a destination." (Alfred D. Souza)

    ReplyDelete