Sunday, 10 March 2013

CHAKRART CLASS - THE ROOT CHAKRA

Hello one and all, I've finally got around to showing the piece of art I created as part of the Chakrart over at Timeless Rituals a beautiful free, yes I did say free, class created to explore Chakras learn and observe and create art.  

I printed the 'class' (which was technically a blog post), so I could read absorb, collect my thoughts and create without the need for a computer screen.  I spent a few hours last week gathering my thoughts, completing the pages and rebalancing my mind. 

It's a while since I've worked directly with Chakras so it was nice to return to this.  

I left the art until my 'free' day on Friday, when I set to with gelli plate and die cutting machine to create the following.   
I really expected the art to turn out, bright and positive, but this looks deep and dark but it's how it turned out.  The hexagon was the image I saw after meditating on the red circle as part of the class.  The building block of life that is replicated so many times in the natural world it made sense to create the page around that image. 

The 'masks' I'd used on the background (which was created using my gelli plate) then became part of the main page as they are some of the hexagons at the front and then I added a few shiny hexagons, edged the page with white paint and then wrote the word Root.  

The page has been created in my Secret Santa journal created by Sam that I received last Christmas and I intend on using the journal for each of the Chakras as we move through the course.  

12 comments:

  1. I have to admit that I don't really know what a chakra is! but I do love your page. So I look forward to seeing the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous page Virginia! I too was drawn to use "building blocks" on my page, and was surprised by the emotion involved in what apeared such a simple exercise :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing artwork! The exagon is a great shape to work with. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing artwork! The exagon is a great shape to work with. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very beautiful! It is so very interesting what we see when looking within!

    hugz
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This is such a deep piece and the word chosen "root" captures it so well. Very impressive and it has so much feeling to it, even from just the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still have to do this! It is on my to-do list for this week, but we will see! I love your page. Seeing the effects you get with the gelli printing makes me want to try that even more! I have a recipe to make one so I am going to have to get a move on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it amazing that this shape occurs all the time in nature from the basalt rocks at The Giants Causeway to the delicate shape of a honeycomb. Good choice Virgina. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Virginia, this is amazing, I love it! It is a really powerful image and your colour depth is beautiful! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous colours and I really like the hexagon shapes. It'll be interesting to see what this class inspires next.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the warm colours and the shapes... sounds like an interesting class.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a beautiful page Virginia and I love those colours. Reading what poppet said about the hexagon recurring in nature... it stops and makes you think doesn't it...

    ReplyDelete