Wednesday, 2 January 2013

MAKING CHRISTMAS GIFTS

I'm always amazed when I manage to create a gift that I'm happy with, I was even more amazed that I managed to create a gift that I not only liked but that didn't take very long to put together.

Last year I got hold of a large-ish frame and got hubby to disassemble it and then I painted the frame up black and that was as far as it got.  I had no idea what I was going to do with it so it sat languishing in my craft cupboards for the last 12 months.

As I gathered Christmas gifts together I remembered the frame and dragged it out.  The frame contained a picture mount in it, the problem with the frame and it's mount was that it was too big for any photos I'd got and I knew I wanted to make it for my sister.  Last year I created lots of black frames for her staircase.  The intention for this frame was for the same part of my sister's house.  Now she'd started to create an Alice in Wonderland themed staircase but has yet to finish it, but I hoped that this frame my cajole her into completing that task.

So I puzzled over the frame, then within a very short space of time, I'd printed words of her favourite quote from the film using an 'Alice' like font, grabbed a load of stamps that I own and made an eclectic mix of these stamps onto the mount, reassembled the frame and it was good to go.

 Up close
 and again
The gift was well received and my sister was amazed that I had so many Alice inspired stamps!

4 comments:

  1. Brilliant - perfect for your sister, haha!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, i love this gift you made! i think it is a perfect sentiment for a lot of us!!! very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Virginia that's amazing! A gorgeous piece of art which would look fabulous on anyone's wall. Your sister is very lucky :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's flipping fantastic. Lucky, lucky Mel :-)

    ReplyDelete