Saturday, 29 December 2012

ROCKING YOUR WORLD SATURDAY? REALLY HOW DID I MANAGE THAT!

Yes I know I'm 24 hours late, don't ask me how I managed it, something to do with being off work, having 'down time' (yes I am really a computer) and not clocking the days of the week.  When I woke this morning, I woke with a start, couldn't understand why and then couldn't fathom out whether we were on Friday or Saturday I've come downstairs and found out it's Saturday so apologies for my lateness - I don't know what got into me!

Given that we are now on the 29th - this is officially the last Rocking post of 2012 and as such maybe it's time for a general 2012 Rocking Round Up. 

My grateful's for the year look something along the lines of 
  • My blogging friends, those of you who happen along once in a year, a month, a week or every blog post really make me smile.  Those that leave comments make me smile even more because then I know you've visited - so I salute you my blogging friends thanks for the support through the year - you are AWESOME!
  • My hubby and son - who are my constant motivators, supporters and all round amazing people.  We've had some fabulous times this year, times on holiday, days out, general time together!  I love you both to the ends of the sky and back!   Let's make 2013 even better!
  • The WW group on facebook - you girls are utterly amazing, you make me laugh and cry and giggle out loud, sometimes in one 'chat' - long may it continue! 
  • My family for making Christmas day special, it was a long long day (well we were cooking for 10) but with family around us for most of the day the cooking task sped along at quite a merry pace and I found it probably the most relaxing Christmas day given the cooking task (a few amendments to our normal dinner this year, included Aunt Bessie's Roast potatoes - I cheated and it was farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr better than the stress factor) and Mum sorting the Yorkshire puddings! This was the table set before they all arrived! 

  • Christmas overall has been a rocking time for me, we've done so many activities again, managing most of the items on the list, from panto, to Christmas tree festivals, from Christmas markets to Kelham Island Victorian Christmas market and not forgetting our one and only visit to Center Parcs!   A photo from Christmas morning, when I look at photos like this I remember the magic! 
  • Holidays - we've managed three this year and they were all fantastic, one in Penrith, one in Beamish and one in the Wye Valley all were fabulous and fun, goodness knows what we'll manage next year, but I'm just enjoying the memories!  
  • Our first grown ups visit to Thoresby Hall 
  • Getting dressed for dinner at Thoresby 
  • Last days at school were sad and the end of an era, but the start of a new chapter! 

  •  Long summer days at Chatsworth Country Fayre (we got there as they opened and left after it had all finished!)


  •  A first driving lesson for said 12 year old 



  •  Autumn walks with my boys! 


  •  Nickelback gig - yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


  •  the Olympics and our visit to Jessica's Post Box in Sheffield!


  •  Baby Meerkats - sooooooooooo cute 


  •  Crazy cousins remembering their youth (at the grand old age of 13 and 12 respectively). 


  •  Pub lunches by the River Wye 


  •  And giant meringues at Harewood! 


  • Quite simply fun fun times! 
  • Crafting oooh I do love my crafting, in fact I was crafting again yesterday, with my set up in the TV room there is no excuse not to craft because I'm in the same room as the boys, the TV, the Wii and now the Xbox so whilst they compete on game systems or watch films etc.  I sit at my table enjoying the atmosphere but also enjoying crafting.  This year I didn't make Christmas cards before Christmas - it turned into stressful production line of making in early December which I didn't much enjoy, so this next year will be different - why?  Because I've started them now and every time I complete a 12 x 12 layout I'm going to use the leftovers to create a card - you'd be amazed at how easy Christmas cards are to produce no matter what papers are available all you need I've found is stickles!
  • Trips to the theatre, not had many but the ones we have had have been awesome, hoping for some more fun times in 2013. 
  • Said 12 year old starting comprehensive and embracing the change, I don't think there is anything more stressful than a mother standing and waving their 12 year old off to big school, but he seems to have taken it in his stride, he is becoming so mature with a great sense of humour.  
And that my lovely people is that, it wouldn't be a rocking post without a bit of crafting now would it?  So I'll leave you with a layout from the last UKS Cyber crop - and now I have a hexagon die cutter I'm intending on doing this one a few more times! 

And finally Mr Linky

10 comments:

  1. What a great year Virginia..and a wonderful list of positives....:)

    Had to smile at Aunt Bessie! I gave up doing roast potatoes years ago...I now do potatoes with Christmas Spices.....very tasty and so much easier.

    Love the LO and need info on the hexagon die cutter!!!! Where and how much?

    Hope the end of the year is good to you.
    Hugs xx
    p.s. do you think we can get another WW group chat in next week???? Yesterday was soooooo funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have had a fabulous Christmas so you are allowed to lose track of the days.

    Lots and lots of 'rocking' things throughout your year Virginia and you have the most amazing collection of photos to keep you going with your scrapbooking - love the LO.

    Wishing you and yours all the very best for 2013.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed reading your 'rocking' post Virginia.

    I have completely lost track of the days too!

    I hope you and your family have a healthy, happy and creative 2013

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we all kinda forgot yesterday was Friday - I know I got rather distracted by the WW chat yesterday, hahaha!! As usual an inspirational post from you, dear Virginia. I can't tell you what a difference to me joining in with this makes, and I am so grateful to YOU for leading us every week. How grown up your lad looks sitting behind a steering wheel, scary! It's been a good year, whatever the rubbish you've also had to deal with. You've focused on what is most important - family, health and spending time together.

    Love you,

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi virginia. well, this is my 1st time visiting you - who i found thru MISTEEJAY. i so enjoy reading her ROCKIN' posts i finally decided to check you out. sweet! sounds like your holidays were fabulous. i like that you get to reflect on the good things in life.

    so, here's wishing you and yours a very blessed 2013. who knows... maybe i'll become a regular to posting what's ROCKING MY WORLD ... because believe me... my world does rock!

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful end of year rocking post- I love the round up you have done!
    You have had some fantastic family fun this year Virginia, and I wish for you an even better year next year!
    I am so grateful I found your blog and the RYWF ladies, Like Jo said, it has made a real difference to me, to be able to take note of all those little gratefuls which before would have just faded into everything else and gone un noticed. Am also so grateful for the WW group, I feel blessed to have found such wonderful online friends!!!
    Wishing you all the best for 2013 x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great rocking round up there! Thanks for sharing all the positives. You give me a lift when I need one and you remind me that there is a bigger picture with finer details. Have a happy new year... See you again in2013! And sir Gary lord of the Barlow was amazing super wonderful - he well rocked my Friday! Love n hugs, jenx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks as though you've had a really good year Virginia, a Happy New Year to you and your boys xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great idea to do a retrospective of the whole year..... I'd do one myself but I'm such a slow blogger it would probably take me until NEXT new years to write it all up :D

    Happy New Year to all of you x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am going to make sure I drop by regularly so I can keep in touch with you since you were my SS. Looks like you and your family had a great 2012 - hope 2013 is just as good, if not better!

    ReplyDelete