Friday, 2 November 2012

ROCKING YOUR WORLD FRIDAY

Friday - a time to reflect and give thanks on the last 7 days, find those silver linings and smile as you kick back and appreciate those parts of your life that make life that bit easier, that bit better and that bit more pleasant than it otherwise would have been because its...
First up has to be the arrival of Carmen's baby, I'd already put my post together last week when we learnt the news, he's absolutely gorgeous and both Mum and baby are doing well!

A week off, to kick back and enjoy time with said 12 year old, the week has literally flown by, I can't believe we've been off that long.  The days seem to have been much shorter as well.

A trip to Yo Sushi last Friday - a first for hubby and a second for me, I spent more time wearing lunch but hey it was fun nonetheless.
UK Scrappers cybercrop has been awesome - one of the the small craft projects I made this week!
A trip to the local Garden Centres animal centre which had new baby Meerkats to show off - look how tiny is he! 
 And the one on look out seemed quite happy to pose for pictures
 My niece and said 12 year old - pretending to be little kids again - honestly what are they like!

 Christmas decorations apparently are much more fun worn on the face!
 Then Wednesday night brought our first ever Halloween 'party' now its in quotes because it was only a small affair but said 12 year old was the giddiest I've seen him in quite some time - lovely to see his enthusiasm!

My brother and his girlfriend Fi brought pumpkins


 We had a lovely evening full of giggles and fun and my niece and my sister stayed over.  My niece came dressed as the lead out of the film Black Swan - she looked amazing, here she just before taking her make up off at the end of the day - how gorgeous does she look! Eye make up done by my sister and before you ask - yes this will be appearing on a scrapbook layout very very soon!
Thursday brought a mixture of strangeness, mad dash to get sister and niece home, hubby home early, some difficult family news and a circle journal rush to be ready for posting date.

And then before we know it Friday is upon us once again.

Two layouts before I go, hubby and son on holiday earlier in the year

And sister on a rope bridge, I've already shared this layout on Collaborart blog and thought I'd pop it on here too.
So there you go my week, how's yours been, if you fancy joining in grab yourself a cuppa and have a ponder, pop yourself a blog post together and come back and link here, if you're not sure that your week was good enough, take yourself five minutes and really have a think - you'll soon find those silver linings. 


4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have had a super week Virginia (I think 'Yo' will continue to be something I give a miss LOL).

    I really don't know where the time is going but here we are at November already.

    Love the LOs and your CC creations.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photo of the grown up children being little kids! Do you know, I think we should all go to the park and have a swing or a see saw on a weekly basis! Have a great weekend and take lots of care, jenxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another mainly good week Virginia...full of fun and giggles...great stuff!
    Your niece looks fab-u-lous (channelling Craig Revel-Harwood there)...saw her photo on FB and, yes, she deserves a page!
    Sorry your Thursday was such a strange one.
    Have a lovely, relaxing weekend.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been promising Hope a trip to Yo Sushi for years - I think this year could be the year (it's her birthday this month)! Nirvana looks stunning as the Black Swan, well done to melanie! Those pumpkins are amazing too - there's been some amazing carving going on there!

    Meerkats are so gorgeous!! You didn't pop that baby in your pocket did you?!

    Great layouts - I don't think I could have stood on that rope bridge!!

    Hugs for the family upset.

    I'll be back later with my post link.

    Wishing you and yours a great weekend,
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete