Tuesday, 9 October 2012

Tuesday post - quick quick - I've got studying to be done

Good morning - can you see me waving??? What do you mean no!  It's mighty cold this morning in Yorkshire (pronounced Yarkshire), but it is dry and bright out there apparently (can't really see it at the moment).  I'm just about to commence more studying (oh even typing that made me sigh), I started the lecture yesterday and after 10 minutes of me going - what? what? what? I stopped and cleaned instead, studying post work is simply a no go - so early morning studying it is!

Monday over and one with (hurray) - it was a long day, I've managed to get to my craft table yes take a bow Virginia well done you pat on your back!  I even managed a double layout and I managed to fill two more scrapbook albums with layouts - I'm going to need another album grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr and they cost so much - which makes me grumpy - hey ho - will have to fathom out a cheaper way of making those I really will.

The nights are drawing in and the spiders keep moving in, hubby keeps capturing the huge mahoosive monsters in a glass and then throws them out of the window, I'm sure they just run around to come back in again!  We've had two huge ones in the TV room this week - shudder - enough of those beasties.

I thought I'd share a layout this morning - I've managed to 'restock' my blog folder with some new layouts.  The title sums it up - "Why?"  This is the type of sculpture we can see up at YSP at the moment, this set of sculptures has been on since about Easter and doesn't go until into next year, this is the first time we took my sister and all I could do was apologise because I just wasn't that keen on the sculptures - it was nowhere near as good as the floating heads one or the burnt wood one.   Not awfully keen on this set of sculptures, the take on the sculptures of male and female was just plain wrong, this sculpture shows the male - I won't even begin to tell you how you were able to tell  if a sculpture was a female!  You could stand there and 'admire' we just stood there and said "Why?"

The colour choice isn't my usual but if I remember correctly this was from the summer of colour challenge.

Hope you are all having a good day - right where's those books!

5 comments:

  1. I think I would have been saying 'why?' too.

    Thank you for your lovely comment - life does seem to get more hectic as the days get shorter.

    Hope the studying improves - I'm not sure what time of day would suit me as I'm not a great one for hitting the books.

    Have a great week.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be asking "Why?" too!! Love the LO ..somehow the colours suit the photos, even if they aren't your usual ones.
    Good luck with the studying!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm sorry Virginia but this page did make me laugh. It's perfect. I just love the way you have angled the picture of you both so you literally are standing looking with those expressions on your faces! Well captured photo that one and brilliant page.


    Spiders. yes. We've been having loads here too. Mainly the spindly ones but one huge fat monster which I suspect is my fault as I like the bedroom window open and Ruby has now banned me so I am to hot at night. Like I said to her - would rather have the spiders to eat the icky flies but even I had to agree Fat Bloke had to go. (Still wouldn't let them kill him though)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ewww, I can just imagine those big, fleshy spiders. I don't like them big and fleshy!

    Love the layout and that you brought back the lemonade palette. Lovely stitching too! Hope the studying goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha ha lo is great I really didn't think the sculptures were too bad but because it was my first time of going there I had nothing to compare them too! Spiders urgh enough said! x

    ReplyDelete