Saturday, 27 October 2012

MK ON UKSCRAPPERS CYBER CROP

Now the gallery has actually gone live I can share what I did with the fabulous kit for the Detectives Team on UK Scrappers mystery kit.  I've wanted to do one of these before but never managed to get my hands on one, until recently!  The strangest thing is that you have soooooooooooo many ideas of what to do with them, it's hard to actually get started and make something but once I'd got started I challenged myself to see what I could do with the kit.

The only additions we were allowed was black and white cardstock other than that it was what came in the kit!

So my first idea was a mini book, based on a design in Scrap 365 that I loved!
This is it opened up
 And again
 And again
 And fully opened documenting a trip to Castell Coch
That was it then I'd started the kit so how much more could I get out of it!  Next up a layout, I loved the colours in the kit they went so well with my Castle photos!
Up close, the tag layered up with alphas on it from the kit.
Then I managed this layout, which I loved doing.
Up close , buttons on the circles
Supplies by now we getting a bit on the thin side but I managed one more layout so I was pleased, kicked myself that I didn't gut the navy paper at the back - I could have managed even more if I had.
Up close gems, embossing powder that was in the kit.
By now the kit was significantly thinner but I thought I can do one more layout - surely I can do just one more, again I had the magazine 365 out on my desk on their sketch page so I did this layout.
Simple embellishments
 And then I was left with a handful of scraps, but with some careful gutting of paper and matting onto black, layering up and then placing on white cardstock I squeezed one more layout out of the pack!  Mission accomplished.
 Up close some of the buttons!
So there you have it - one mystery kit used, I really should look into buying a kit a month because I've had such fun with this one using papers I wouldn't normally get chance to play with!

Thanks for looking

6 comments:

  1. Virginia that is AMAZING, love the mini and then the pages and the photos.....just all of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What can I say??!! This is all absolutely AMAZING!!!!! Love the colour combos and you've used them perfectly. The mini book is wonderful, and all, ALL the layouts are gorgeous.

    Well done you.

    I agree, you really should get a kit every month if it inspires such creativity!!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What super creations Virginia. I had fun with the MK too but I really must learn how to add multi pics to the UKS gallery.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what an amazing selection of lovely things from just one small kit.

    I had the Scolars kit and have only made on page so far.

    I love Castell Coch, we used to live in Newport and drive past it on the way to Cardiff. It really is like a fairytale castle.

    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!! You really rocked this kit Virginia!
    Love the mini and so many LOs!
    Enjoy the crop.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good grief, you really did pull out all the stops and make full use of the entire kit!! Love the LO's but my fav is the mini (no surprise there then)!!

    Thanks so much for the lovely comment about the cc class, you really made my day!!

    ReplyDelete