Friday, 14 September 2012

ROCKING YOUR WORLD FRIDAY


Good morning my dear Rockers and Rockettes, time to take stock step back and appreciate the things in life that have made life that bit better and happier in the last seven days, take a moment to appreciate what you have, who you have around you, never be afraid to hug those people and tell them how much they mean.  This is my list for this week, feeling a little more sombre this week (must be my age)
First up has to be my family and my beautiful friends, having celebrated a birthday this week I've been smiling at the happy comments, the beautiful gifts, great cards, lovely sentiments that I had on my birthday - so thank you one and all - you made a girl smile very muchly!

Next up my sister - she is amazing - I don't tell her enough, thank you for my birthday, for being there after I'd visited Daddy's grave, for chatting to me, for helping me buy pressies for said 11 year old - who today my beautiful Rockettes has officially become said 12 year old.  For wandering aimlessly around Meadowhall and for taking me to Yo Sushi for lunch - we had a fabulous time and she is utterly amazing - so thank you Melanie for making my 30 plus 10 birthday awesome.

Hubby for his thoughtfulness in present buying this year including crafty goodies and for getting that card that just hits the spot - you know the one that you well up with and then managing to get said 12 year old one that did exactly the same!

To the Wednesday Whine group for being there when we need a helping hand, to laugh with us, support us and generally make us feel like all things are possible - thank you ladies you know who you are!

For being alive, having reached the grand old age of 30 plus 10 - this is the same age my Dad reached and passed away only a few weeks after he turned 40, this has ended up quite a melancholy birthday because of that, but its OK, I always thought this one would be a bit strange.

Barbecue's at the weekend when it was warm and sunny and lovely outside and outdoor fires were all bliss at the weekend.

That my lovely people is that I'm afraid for this week

Hope you all have had a beautiful and blessed week

A layout to leave you with
And Mr Linky if you fancy joining us

10 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday, it sounds like you had a lovely day, if also reflective. I love the colours and textures on the spread. The photo is gorgeous.

    I am joining in with Carmen's encouragement. Counting my blessings this week, I didn't realise until I started writing how much good I had actually had this week. A stunningly needed exercise.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be back later to blog hop and comment and read posts properly. jenx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely list Virginia, although you do sound rather sad. I wish I could give you a big hug. Sounds like your sister and hubster came up trumps for your birthday - I want to go to Yo Sushi (keep on promising Hope but we never seem to get round to it). I WILL get there before the end of the year!

    Beautiful LO, I really like how you've done the strip of fabric. Lovely.

    Have a lovely weekend.

    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely week..all in all....Happy Birthday to said twelve year old...how time flies!!
    I love the photo of the Angel of the North....great LO too.
    Hope you have a good weekend..:)
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a bittersweet post Virginia. Am with Jo in wishing I could give you a hug.

    Am so glad you had a great day with thoughtful gifts and cards.

    be back later with my link. Am late. For a change :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated birthday Virginia, and a gorgeous layout xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you had a good birthday, big hugs to you from me as well, and a big thank you for all your support this week in the WW group x
    Hope said 12 yr old had a good day as well?
    Your LO is lovely, great photo. My hubby is from Sunderland and when we visit his family he never lets me stop at the 'rusty fairy' as my DH calls it!!
    I hope you have a fab week x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like family made your birthday pretty special for you. The LO is great - one day I'll get to see the Angel of the North for myself (although I had to giggle at Sam's hubby's name for her...'rusty fairy' seems so apt).

    Now we've got to get used to 'Said 12 yr old' - gosh how time flies.

    Big hugs
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just popped back to read properly. Double happy birthdays - they are both special ones. Love the photo of the angel ( up the motorway 15 mins ish from us). I did 40 two years ago but still feel about 15 in my head! Age is just a state of mind isn't it. Sending you a ((((( hug)))) and toasting you with a virtual glass of bubbly. Sounds like you have a lovely family. Jenx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Belated birthday greetings.... happy and sad time x

    ReplyDelete