Wednesday, 1 August 2012

WEDNESDAY POST

Good Afternoon, well after a productive day having a good sort out, I thought I'd pop along to do a post, now a couple of years ago I went to Art From the Heart in Harrogate for an amazing art journalling weekend.  It was fantastic, I went with my Mum and my sister and we had a fabulous time meeting lots of new friends.  Dyan is a fabulous teacher, but most of you know that anyway!

Unfortunately we didn't take a camera but Jude who we met there and have become good friends with did have her camera with her and took loads of photos, so I asked Jude permission to use the photos she'd taken of me, my Mum and Melanie my sister for a layout so I could document out weekend and  she was kind enough to oblige - so big thanks to Jude!

Now I thought which papers, well it had to be some of Dyan's gorgeous Blonde Moments papers but which one, I went a rummaging and came up with a page, but the colours didn't quite go, so I sat and painted all the spots the colour I wanted them to be - much fun!  I highly recommend it and because Dyan's papers are so thick they didn't warp from the paint - win win!
Up close!  As part of the weekend we were all awarded with a certificate in Prattology - hence the title!

So if you have papers that don't quite suit your photos but are almost there, then I suggest you get out those acrylic paints and have a play - great fun!

4 comments:

  1. Only you Virginia, only you....
    The painting of dots does sound therapeutic though!
    Love the LO.
    Pleased you found some crafting time today after all your deep cleaning.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fabulous day was had and I'm loving the altered papers :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo, good idea! & looks like you had such a fun time both in the photos & on the paper :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sorta Day!! Looks like great fun :) Great pages

    ReplyDelete