- the Olympics have been fabulous to watch enjoy and soak up - we've watched some amazing sports in the last two weeks and although I was dreading two weeks of wall to wall sport I can honestly say it's been great, our 11 year old was looking forward to it sooooooooooo much but we were somewhat sceptical, isn't it nice when you are wrong. And we've put the Tivo box through its paces whilst we've been out and about - thus not missing any of the action!
- the BBC for putting on the sport specific channels over the last couple of weeks, truly world class coverage
- The news for having something positive to enjoy - we normally have wall to wall doom and gloom and I've been known to ban news because all that doom and gloom is no good for anyone, but with the Olympics we've had medal this that and the other - shame it's going to end it would be nice if the news could keep with its upbeat and positive news items as well as the doom and gloom.
- Having my first post published on It's a Creative World - Kat a fellow team member on UKS put me forward and I was asked to join in - I provided details of how to create these little beasties
If fancy finding out more this is the link to my Embellishments Post
- Then said 11 year old starting his own blog (well it's in my name but it's a start), if it gets him writing I'm all for it - http://thediaryofkidrock.blogspot.co.uk/ again here's the link
- Venturing out to the garden centre last Friday and having some sunshine - great company with my sister and my niece as well as said 11 year old.
- Having a lovely weekend tootling around the house, painting and decorating, tidying, defrosting freezers etc, all good fun now that it's done.
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid film I was sceptical that I'd enjoy it but overall it was OK and said 11 year old enjoyed it.
- Hubby for listening, understanding being cross and frustrated for me when things were going pear shaped and for being truly awesome as always.
- Hubby for helping coming and doing the difficult bit painting wise on my sister's stairs (the ones where you have to offset the ladder and scare everyone)
- Sister for making the most awesome soup before we painted her stairs on Wednesday - homemade vegetable soup - nothing finer I tell you!
And that my beautiful Rockers and Rockettes is it for this week, short and to the point but sometimes that's the way it rolls, I hope you've had a truly beautiful and blessed week and have a great weekend and week ahead, fancy joining in (even though there are only a few of us), then pop a post together, link back here and we'll come and visit, don't stress if its not on Friday, whenever you get five minutes.