Oh I've been meaning to update last weeks post all week - but it hasn't happened not one bit, so I'll give you a quick recap on what we managed (and didn't manage) to do last week, before noting a few things this week. If you've happened along here from one of the gorgeous Rockettes and wonder what this is all about it's really rather simple, take a step back from your life and remember the positives of the week, the little things or the big things that have made life that bit easier and happier and lighter and made you smile - you get them? No - well dig deeper they are there, we just spend a lot of time ignoring them, getting caught up with the doom and gloom news, or dwelling on things that haven't pleased us, if you focus your energy on positives I promise you'll soon be smiling. Got them? Right throw yourself a blog post together and come back and link so we can come and visit, no blog but want to note the positives leave a comment (hell leave a comment anyway I like reading). So eyes down for my positives
1. Fun family time away from home - check
2. A beautiful cottage - yep had one of those
9. A sprinkle of art journalling - managed some (not as much as I expected)
10. Time with said 11 year old (with no juggling) - managed that
12. Time to plan - not really too busy chilling
13. Time to take stock - again too busy chillaxing
14. Hell just time - had time it was nice could do with some more!
15. A wood burning stove (if it's cold) - it was not cold with walls 3 feet thick we didn't need any central heating in this place!
16. A beautiful conservatory to enjoy - check - art journalling at the table and chilling on the chairs reading into the evening
20. Smooth journey - check - there and back!
21. Good food - this was a 'snack' at the pub and was shared between us - it twas yum!
Pyjama day on Sunday - bliss - I was feeling that lazy!
Won't mention work Monday Tuesday - that's not what this post is about!
Wednesday trip out with said 11 year old, niece and sister to local shopping centre, mooching around the shops, buying bags for school and pencil cases and grabbing a quick bite to eat whilst in great company - bliss!
Thursday - well todays been a bit odd, but cooking for hubby this evening, picking up a CJ from the post office and reminiscing about films from my teen years has been fun.
Teapots full of hot tea, weight watchers has also been nice since I got home. Fabulous crystal purchases last week now being used, the fluorite tea light holder a particular favourite. Hubby always being happy to listen even when I'm a bit low and see what we can do!
Overall not a bad week I've had to dig a bit deeper through this week than last week, but that's to be expected.
So that's it, my positives for this last week or two, the things that have made my heart lighter, made me smile made me be thankful to be alive and to be surrounded by amazing people, including my Friday Rockettes who never cease to amaze me when they join in and share they positives - you are all amazing!
And I'll leave you with piccie of said 11 year old and the way to cheer him up after a five mile walk!