- The opening ceremony of the Olympics - simply fabulous TV watching
- Then watching the Olympics - I never thought I'd say that because we are not a sport watching family (with the exception of Rugby) but it has been fabulous!
- The BBC coverage of the Olympics, not one to blow our own trumpet but having all these specific channels to be able to get to grips with the sports has been great - even the golden snitch 100 point moment in judo - thank you Susie for explaining - I was soooooooooo confused!
- Karma Clay at Elsecar for a fabulous time painting pots last week, we're due to pick them up tomorrow, fingers crossed they are OK, my niece on with her bowl
And the bowls before the glaze
- Katherine for thinking of me when it came to A Creative World, a blog I've been asked to participate in - now what to share?
- My sister for having said 11 year old on Monday and Tuesday despite the issues - thanks Melanie you are a star!
- Painting the pool room, it looks fabulous now, a few things to go to the Charity shop and some new curtains and a canvas but apart from that it's all sorted
- Sorting the bathroom including painting the ceiling, I managed it all on my own (apart from the paint touch up once the first coat had dried) and I was mighty pleased with it!
- Discussions with said 11 year old - just general chats recently have made me so happy and so proud, in fact let me share a photo from school a few weeks ago, as one of the house captains he was actively encouraged to help during the sports day, encouraging the younger children and helping get the equipment ready for the races - this is a photo we got of him on the day - soo proud!
He is also quite genius when it comes to achieving things that he wants - as some of you may remember he sooooooooooooo wanted a pet, but as parents who like to venture away as many times as the bank balance will let us and no close friends and family a little bit further afield we've always been reluctant to agree to it, despite his protestations about looking after the pet, cleaning the pet etc.
So he thought he'd sort his own
This is what we found in his room recently, this is a metal bin which has a metal mesh so therefore you can breath through it, in the garden recently he discovered a cricket, he put it in a jar but then converted his bin into a home for it, complete with lego house and has proceeded to provide fresh grass for it each day - to say genius is probably going some but it did make us smile - the term where there's a will there is a way!
- The blokes for sorting the front door out last weekend, even if we were left £140 lighter - gulp
- The Virgin Media man for sorting the new Tivo box out - I mean You Tube on TV all those craft videos at my disposal - oooooooooooooh if you insist!
Then arting gifts first up my pairs journal returned home from Donna again for the next stage, my book is on the right on top and the rest of those items are pressies from Donna - honestly - amazing!
And I'll leave you with a layout, said 11 year old with a favourite vegetable at the local town's show last year, in the fresh produce tent - only me could use veggies as a photo opportunity but I wanted to do an orangey layout!