Monday, 6 August 2012

MONDAY MORNING BLUES

I'm finding it harder and harder to get up and go to work during these six week holidays, the time away from work has me taking stock a little and realising the things I'm missing out on, like time with said 11 year old and keeping the house ticking over so weekends can be more fun and less work, but work helps pay the bills so I'll be toddling off shortly, in the meantime I thought I'd pop a quick post together with another layout (this is becoming a habit)

this layout from the Yorkshire Wildlife Park and is quite apt because when we left the local garden centre on Friday their farm is advertising that they too now have mere cats, so I can see said 11 year old wanting to pop there soon.
A simply layout, layered up shaped pieces, some dry embossing with a favourite embossing folder, hand stamped title and a little bit of stitching and glossy accents and that's all you need.

Hope you are having a great day.

5 comments:

  1. That is indeed all you need! Love all the little details on the LO ...they don't overpower the photo. I love meerkats too..and so does the boy..I remember making lots of trips to the Cotswold Wildlife park....now where are the photos???
    Hope work isn't too tiring this week.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super photo and you are right - it doesn't need a lot. Lovely LO Virginia.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooohhhh! Love the embossing, it really adds a great texture to the piece. I don't know anything about embossing but it looks intriguing. Of course, everyone loves a meercat too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous piccy and I love the layerng, again! :)

    You are so right you know. Craig and I have been having the same discussion about trying to spend more time with the girls (and boy when he comes) and trying to work less. It's hard though when bills have to be paid.

    Question - would DS think it yuck to receive a mail art off Phoebe? I think they are similar ages (Phoebe is 12 in Nov) and into similar things and seem a similar temperament. She wasn't sure if he would want her to though. I said I'd ask ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with getting through your week's work, I don't know how you do it, Virginia. Gorgeous photo for your lovely LO - the embossing looks great. Like everyone else I adore meerkats!

    xx

    ReplyDelete