Sunday, 8 July 2012

SUMMER OF COLOUR - WILD 'N' RECKLESS

Ooh now I didn't have any trouble at all using that colour scheme, more my normal colours if I'm honest.  Hubby had decided he wanted to go for a walk as it was dry but I did remind him of the ligament damage in his knee which he was supposed to be resting.  So yesterday was a day of rest (even though it was Saturday and not Sunday), actually yesterday was a day of creativity which I thoroughly enjoyed - well an afternoon and evening at least.  I played in my pairs journal which was much fun, I played in my art journal book (which I haven't done in forever............) and I did my Wild 'n' Reckless mail art cards - yet again a set of six!

I even managed images to tone in with the colours LOL using up images I've had an absolute age, altering them, changing hair colour and eye colour and tattooing the living daylights out of them - much fun!  Now I'm not sure which is my favourite possibly the lady with the green hair and the blue hair if I'm honest!


 Lady with green hair

 Lady with blue hair!

Thanks for popping by - hope you're having a great weekend, can't believe that we've only got one colour left - hoping for not too much pink if I'm honest but we'll see and it will be a challenge no matter what!

31 comments:

  1. Lovely work. I really like the colour combo and the images you have used. Thanks for popping by to see me too! jenx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful mail art! Can't choose a favourite...sorry! lol
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just sooooo BEAUTIFUL VIrginia :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, yes, the Lady with the Blue hair - I love her! I love the texture you added to the background. It makes it all look watery and gives it nice movement. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great fun love the blue & green haired ladies !

    ReplyDelete
  6. WoW you have been a busy bee, another fantastic set of 6!!!!!! Really love your backgrounds again, fab colours. Hmmm, me thinks I Like the slick dude with the walking stick!
    Kxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. great impact - love the lady with green hair

    ReplyDelete
  8. This are my colors too. SOOOOOOO beautiful. my favs are the first one and the green hair lady. Marvelous work did you do.
    Lovely greet
    marja
    (marjascreativity)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!! you have been busy being wild'n reckless...fab pages...my fave is the first one!! Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous art work - I love all of them but I think the second one just has the edge on the others for me. Love all your images and the way you've used the colours - great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, lovin all the beautiful colours. My fav is the lady with the green hair! These all look awesome x

    ReplyDelete
  12. So lovely and so much effort!!!!
    x x x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very creative collage work ~ ~ thanks, ^_^ (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gooooooooooooooorgeous Virginia! I love your tattooed ladies, I was just reading my Alice book again the other day with tattooed Alice in it :D

    haven't even started my piece yet! Loving next weeks colours though!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the green haired lady, all the images are super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It shows that you had fun.... what great pieces. My faves though v hard to choose would be the green haired and blue haired ladies!!!

    Karenx

    ReplyDelete
  17. that is another lovely set of cards... I have been thoroughly enjoying seeing your work... can't pick a favourite though... maybe the top left??? too close to call I think... have a great week...xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous work....live the colours and those images ate cool...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for popping by to see the olympic torch layout. I always leave replies on my blog but I am not sure if the commenter knows i have left a reply!?! So I thought i would pop on and comment so you would know! jenx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Brilliant mail Art Virginia, and I'm not even going to try and pick a favourite - I love 'em all!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ooh, love them! I think I have to say the ones with men are my favorite, there's just not enough men in mixed media art!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very creative and lots of fun added !

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, these are such cool & funky montage!. Love the contrast with b&W images against the colorful background. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  24. More stunning mail art Virginia... love how you used this weeks colors... it is always such a treat to visit here...

    Hugs
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  25. I do love these colours together (although I wouldn't want ice-cream in them LOL) - fabulous pieces Virginia.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. They are all awesome but the first one is my favorite, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. The colours really are lovely :-)

    ReplyDelete