Monday, 30 July 2012

MONDAY MORNING - BOO HISS

Morning all, why am I boo hissing because I'm off to work today and tomorrow - that's why and I'm kind of getting used to actually having thinking time - unreal I tell you!  The weekend has been busy and enjoyable, we got a room decorated that has needed it for sooooooooooooooo long it's untrue!

Now all I need to do is prevent said 11 year old from putting tyre marks all over the walls again and we're good.  As a result of general busy-ness on Saturday, Sunday was more laid back and leisurely with a walk around a local dam and a trip into my local craft shop for some more goodies.  Sunday afternoon and evening were spent watching 'A Midsummer Night's Dream' and crafting more layouts.  Monday morning greets me with general tiredness on an extreme level - hence the boo hiss!

But I thought I'd leave a post and a layout, this one is of one of the giant stone lions at Chatsworth - in the sculpture hall near the end of the house tour.
Hope your Monday is filled with fun and laughter and not too much work!

8 comments:

  1. Boo hiss indeed! I hate Monday mornings...:(
    Love the LO - great title!
    Your weekend sounds lovely...hope work isn't too tiring today.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. bah - my Mondays are always full of work! Which I used to love, but I'm getting tired of it now. Still, only 20 years till retirement, plod plod :)

    well done on the decorating - nothing has been touched in my house since we moved in 10 years ago! My partner at the time redecorated the whole house then (we had a month overlap between our rental house running out and getting the new house), but as we have since split up and I don't have a clue how to do decorating and can't afford to pay anyone else to do it, it's stuck as it is for the forseeable :)

    hope you manage to have a little nap at work under the desk :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

    but yay to the fabulous LO and wanders around craft shops.

    Just saw this link over at Sians blog Virginia and thought of you - it's about a free class doing stitching on LO prompts. Now why did I think of you? http://fromhighinthesky.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/a-sneak-for-stitching-on-paper.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great layout. I love the stars and the colours and the title matches the lion really well lol.

    Thank you for commenting on my blog :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great photo. It has real presence and you let it speak on this classy elegant layout. I especially like the outside border/trim is adds a sense of majesty to this lion of a layout.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fab photo and I love the title....as well as all your beautiful hand stitching and the colours - incorporating some gray which really brings the photo out :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely subtle colours and a great layout - i love love love chatsworth! the gardens and the water features are amazing. great photo. jenx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry for your boo hiss! We just got back from a (mostly) lovely family trip late last night, and I'm finding it a bit hard to face reality again too. Sometimes the time away from responsibilities is just a teaser!

    ReplyDelete