Thursday, 12 July 2012

BRIEF THURSDAY POST

I'm trying to ignor the fact I've got the auditors back in - grumble moan whinge whine it's been a hard two weeks but I'm nearing the end of it (hopefully).  I should be prepping my Rocking Your World Post but thought I'd finish off what's left in my blog folder!

First up a Halloween layout, which is fairly obvious given the photo isn't it!  Using up stash, the papermania metal tags on the left inked, string ties removed and replaced with organza ribbon, used for journalling, place on foam dots.  Title Tim Holtz stickers that I never thought I'd use and some sort of random Halloween rub on to the bottom left of the photo.  I remember being quite pleased with this one because the composition on the eye is quite nice
 The tags up close
 then the Rotunda in Scarborough, again one of those mediocre layout, Jo said I was my own worst critic and she's probably right, but just occasionally it doesn't matter how much i throw at a layout it sometimes just doesn't come right.  I think this one was a sketch and the thing that threw me was the fact that the paper isn't in thirds and so visually isn't as appealing, it's nice just not amazing.
 Up close I used the pattern of the paper to create some stitching, one of my favourite embellishments, nearly all my layouts have some sort of hand stitching on them!
Creativity wise this week has been quite productive, I've done two layouts per week of the summer of colour challenge because I thought if I can create mail art in those colours I can create layouts can't I - the lemonade sherbet (pink and yellow) one I thought would be the most challenging but as it turned out it was baseball nut, because I had very little in the way of vanilla and dark raspberry paper wise.  However, finished off the last one last night.  So then I thought now what - so I started churning out some cards with the scraps from my layouts.  The downside now is the cost of stamps in order to send them to people mmmm need a magic postage stamp fairy to leave some under my pillow!

Hope you're all having a good week see you tomorrow for Rocking Your World

5 comments:

  1. I like both your LOs...so there!!
    Pleased the auditors will soon be gone...:)
    Hugs xx
    p.s. you are your own worst critic! But I think we all are...I can be feeling very happy with a LO then see what s'one else has produced on the same theme...and always feel mine is inferior...:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. That rotunda layout is perfection Virginia!! The contrast between the circular shapes and the straight even lines of the paper pieces is wonderful, and totally pulled together by the gentle curves of the wild flowers on the paper....now that's how to "critique" your fabulous work :D
    Just wish I'd had the courage to stop and photo the pumpkin lanterns I'd left above the radiators a couple of years ago lol...they had zombiefied and oozed everywhere, but I panicked and just cleaned them up lol :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah yes, the dreaded postal costs. Craig has been having a whinge at me about the amount of stuff I am trying to sneak into his business mail, he's having to be a lot more careful now. *sigh*

    I love all your pages as always Virginia, Jo is absolutely right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WoW what an eye-catcher, that pumpkin page is special. Lovin the stitched circles too!
    Kxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pumpkin photo has made a fun LO and I do love your stitched bits on the Scarborough LO

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete