Saturday, 16 June 2012

SUMMER OF COLOUR - RAINBOW SHERBET

I've found myself at a mental loose end when it comes to creativity since I got back, I don't have any scrapping on the go and don't feel the need to art journal, so other than the pairs journal that Donna and I are doing there really isn't much going on on my desk and to be honest it was starting to make me grumpy.  Anyway Joanna said to me that I should join in Summer of Colour 2 and then Carmen agreed and although I'd seen a couple of posts about this and the results of creations others had done I didn't really know what it meant.  So having had a read of the posts I thought - perhaps I could actually join in.  Oh my - I had a great time so thank you girls for the encouragement I had a few hours last night feeling pretty awful but managing to create, I didn't know what to do so settled to do some mail art in advance, I like to have a stack of these in hand and the colour scheme was definitely going to make them different to my usual schemes of dark blues and greens.  The ice cream colour in question rainbow sherbet, vibrant fuchsia pink, strong oranges, yellows and a hint of white and here is what I created.






Most of the images I'd had an absolute age and honestly could see me using them, I used paint images, stamps, masks, distress inks, metallic water colours that you can't see but honestly they are there and oil pastels. And altogether they look like this - size they are half A4 size as I like larger mail art if I'm honest!
So a big thank you and now I'm starting to think about the next ice cream - mint choc chip -oooh where will that colour scheme take me!

21 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous Virginia!
    I love the rainbow sherbet colours and your images are stunning.
    Hugs xx
    p.s. hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YESSSSSSSS!! You've totally ROCKED this colour combo, Virginia!! I am so glad you joined in Summer of Color. All of this Mail Art is brilliant!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You have a totally new repetoire to work with now! These are amazing! (Although I must confess the one with the two faces freaks me out — a lot). The background just leaps off the screen. I like the yellow dress with full length glove the best. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea to do mail art for this challenge--yours came out looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! I love these! Gave me a big ol' smile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH! OMG - you never do things by half do you Virginia? Talk about taking something and running with it! These are brilliant! So glad you played along :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am visiting from The Summer of Color challenge. I love your card art. Excellent use of the colors in rainbow sherbet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bwahahahaaha....twin chuckies...oh my god!!!! Fabulous collection Virginia :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think these are just lovely, I can't begin to imagine how wonderfull a full set in all the colour schemes would look!
    x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by my creation, yours are cool creations but please could you explain to me exactly what "mail art" is as I have never heard of this?? Thanks BJ

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, you really went to town here - they are fabulous Virginia. The colours are so lovely and fresh & bright.

    Mint choc chip sounds like a plan...can't wait to see what you come up with.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely, gorgeous, crazy stuff! Juat my cup of tea! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are brilliant and oh so much fun..those goggly eyes are classic...lol...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. At last!! Thanks for all your kind words. I have been enjoying your blog just sorry I have not been able to comment for so long.

    Loving the rainbow sherbet, wonderful! L x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! These are so much fun! Looking forward to see what tour next creation will be! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely stunning Virginia... just love the beautiful pages you have created here... fabulous images and backgrounds too...

    Hugs
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  17. you might have been pushed out of your comfort zone with this colour scheme, but wow, what a result!!! the cards are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. so glad you decided to join in because these make an amazing set... you are a bit of an over achiever I think.... I am soooo looking forward to seeing your choc mint creations now...xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your mail art.... its awesome. My fave one is the top left.... lovin' those crazy eyes!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete