Thursday, 21 June 2012

SUMMER OF COLOUR - MINT CHOC CHIP

Oh it's so nice to have a short set of challenges to get the creativeness flowing - over on Twinkle Twinkle there is an awesome - ice cream based colour challenge for six weeks and week two is mint choc chip, I really enjoyed playing with this one - so much fun!

So what are they?  Well last week it was six pieces of mail art for my collection ready to send out at a moments notice and this week - well this week proves I like some levels of symmetry in my life so once again I've put together six pieces of mail art to send out, each is A5 in size (I like to get my monies worth out of the postal system bearing in mind the extortionate costs of sending anything these days).  First layer was acrylic paint using my fingers - I like finger painting it's fun.  Then images onto the cards, then masks, stamping, painting the stamping, using metallic water colours to add to the dimensions of the card and finally stickles I had such fun and I've already started preparing my cards for next week!





All together
Thanks for stopping by - now where's that paint!

23 comments:

  1. These are beautiful Virginia - the colours are perfect. As soon as I saw the thumbnail I thought of mint choc chip - really lovely.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all gorgeous! It's such an unusual colour combo and you've totally done it justice. Your chosen images are great too!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful 'inspiring' work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous stuff V! You've really captured the mint choc chip....and your images (as always) are stunning.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous work again Virginia, love the path and the leaves. BJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabulous, love that they are all 'inspiring'

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Another successful mission completed. My favorite is the one with the camera girl. They look positively delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely work - quite stunning - I love your subtle use of the colours, they work so well

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous images yet again...my fav is the flying dress :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous again Virginia and as always am in jealous awe of how you do it. Love that one with the camera - love all of them x

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are beautiful...lively colours and how lovely do they look at together..xxx.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!those are lovely.You have great talent.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such gorgeous colours and design of each of them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Totally LOVE your gorgeous mail art Virginia... your work is beautiful... and I so love the images... the background... stunning work...

    Hugs
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  15. holy moly these are fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh now that really is lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. They look wonderful.. Every single one of them..

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your mail art Virginia.. absolutely gorgeous... the backgrounds have so much to see..and the colors.. I hear you about the Post too.. lol
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, they're gorgeous. Very ethereal and otherworldly...The colors are so striking...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, you've been busy! Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete