Friday, 15 June 2012

CRIKEY IS IT REALLY FRIDAY - THEN IT'S ROCKING YOUR WORLD TIME

Oh the latest of my post indicates a glimpse of the kind of week I've got doesn't it - grrrrrrrrrrr, anyhow it is Friday which means it's
Now I can't remember the last time that I actually posted one of these from scratch on a Friday morning - let's see how it goes.
  1. I'm grateful for my family coming over on Sunday for a belated birthday tea for Melanie, it was a very relaxed chilled out affair we ate, had cups of tea and plenty of chat, awesome stuff. (I'm not grateful for my Mum passing her dreaded lurgy onto me however but that's not what this post is about is it).
  2. I'm grateful said 11 year old is looking forward to his final half term at primary school - where do the years go, he has so much going on in the next few weeks that will keep him busy and the exams are out of the way so I'm grateful for that. 
  3. I'm grateful that we managed a week away without me being struck down by vertigo, sciatica or chronic back trouble 
  4. I'm grateful for digital cameras and other media which allowed us to take in excess of 800 photos during our week away.
  5. I'm grateful for living in a relatively nice neighbourhood, we've been having issues at work with individuals who are very obviously bored with little in the way of youth provision and it made me realise that although I don't particularly like some of the kids in the neighbourhood because they can be mean to said 11 year old they are not intimidating or unruly.
  6. I'm grateful for the salad hubby made last night, I said I really didn't fancy a salad (too cold) but he made it to go with tea and it was delicious!
  7. I'm grateful hubby dropped everything yesterday to collect said 11 year old so that I could stay at work an extra three hours (too much work again).
  8. I'm grateful the house was absolutely spic and span when we arrived home (not that you'd know it now but it was lovely to come back to a clean and tidy home).
  9. I'm grateful that the garden has now been well and truly watered, now I'd like it to stop raining so I can start to cut down the triffids in the back and front garden.
  10. I'm grateful for being alive, for living in a country where I can be myself and speak my mind
  11. I'm grateful for hubby leaving a hot cup of tea on the bedside table this morning, I'm not grateful for the two alarm clocks that woke me at six and half past that he'd accidently left on however I am grateful that the tea was still warm when my sleep was disturbed.
  12. I'm grateful for Flying Fox shower gel, mmmmmm smells lovely in a morning shower.
  13. I'm grateful for balsam tissues that mean that although they are wiping all my makeup off my face they are at least soothing on my skin.
  14. And finally I'm grateful for our email group that pulled out all the stops whilst I was away sending cards and gifts to my little sis for her birthday - you know who you are and your all awesome! 
I think peeps that will do us for this week, it's always a tough one going back to work and resuming your normal routine, 

As always a bit of crafting (not that I'd done much this week I might add) be warned there is a Christmas layout, not that I produced it recently. 

A double layout of our visit to Fountains Abbey 
Up close
 and the other page
 The Santa layout, I remembering fighting with this one to be all red and green before realising that a blue card background sorted the problem out in one go, this is said 11 year old opening his electric guitar - as you can tell he was very very happy!
 Up close - glossy accents on the title
 and on a hand cut poinsettia, I cut this out of a scrapbook paper and layered it up on foam squares, putting a glossy edge around the same.
 And there you go, another weeks Rocking post done, I hope yours was a good one, fancy joining us, throw yourself a blog post together and pop back here to link up so we can come and visit.  Don't stress if your list is short it can be as long or short as you like and if you think you've not got anything to be grateful for dig deep, you'll be amazed what you find as you look back on your week.  I hope you have a beautiful and blessed weekend and week ahead.

8 comments:

  1. I do love the rocking posts, it is the little things that make us realise how blessed we are, hang in there, the cold will pass, work just will continue to get in the way - but such a necessary evil eh?

    love the layouts

    dxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I love your list! Sorry you've been overworked and had the dreaded lurgy but your family are awesome!
    Love the LOs - the papers you chose for Fountains Abbey are perfect!
    I'll even forgive you the Christmas LO as the photo is priceless.......boys and their toys!!
    Another thank you for the goodies you sent me...I used some of the family stickers on the LO as well as the card kit but forgot to mention it.
    Hugs and have a great weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading between the lines I think you have had a tough week back at work!! That's the worst thing about daring to have a holiday, knowing that you'll come back to even higher piles of work than usual as nobody will have done anything while you're away, harumph!

    I hope your lurgy goes away soon and that life will calm down a little for you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fountains Abbey...yet another place I have yet to visit...you make me feel so restless, but in a good way lol :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope the 'bug' improves quickly Virginia.

    Can I say a big thank you to everyone for making me feel welcome and coming to visit...I have been very bad and I've totally lost track of time. I couldn't believe that two whole weeks had passed. Sorry!

    Ill try and be a bit more organised and fit in some 'visiting' time.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ever think you left a comment earlier, only to discover you probably just composed it in your head while moving on to make breakfast or some other such thing? Well, I came back to rectify the problem.

    Sorry the transition back to reality is not a little easier. Incredible that you didn't miss a beat on your layouts! Your production level is amazing! Fantastic that you felt good during your holiday. That is a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Virginia, sounds like you had a lovely week away with your 2 fellas :o) I'm glad you felt well and saved catching the lurgy for when you got back home (although it's such a shame you had to catch a lurgy at all!).

    I'll have to look out for Flying Fox shower gel, it's got to be a better start to the day than Imperial Leather (Grant's choice!!).

    Digital cameras are THE BEST, aren't they?! You can just keep snapping away and pick out the best, discarding the rest. Do you remember getting films developed and going through - so many were duff and you'd just paid good money to have them developed, grrrr!

    Have a lovely weekend. The garden's just had yet another watering from a heavy downpour. When will it stop?!!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with Sabrina - I'm positive I left a comment... or drafted it in my head the other day! garrgh!

    Anyway - as to children moving up... yes. My Phoebe is going from Primary to the Academy this year. Can't believe it - she must be same age as your DS. And Ruby. My tiny baby Ruby. How can she be old enough to be moving up to the Primary? It all goes by so fast doesn't it?

    Hope your lurgy shifts soon and that work starts to calm down for you - though I suspect it's a stressful job by the sound of it. Big hugs Virginia and yay to supportive hubby.

    Carmen xx

    ReplyDelete