Wednesday, 23 May 2012

WOYWW

Morning all and what a beautiful morning it is too - blue skies and sunshine - shame I have to go to work, thanks to everyone who commented the other week, I didn't get around nearly as many desks as I would have liked.  Following on from the comments this week I've added a couple of close up shots - but I'll keep the words brief as requested - hope you're having a great Wednesday

Lots going on on my desk at the moment as you can see, from online classes to 12 x 12 to mail art, to card making - you get the idea.  In fact the book open on the desk has the list of 'current' things I'm on with!
 Up close a 12 x 12 layout following a sketch that Kat my friend on UKS put on our group recently.  http://www.thestudiochallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/6th-may-sketch.html from the studio challenges.
 The start of a book cover following the amazing no no AMAZING online course by Andy Skinner called - book of secrets - I've 'played' steampunk before but without great success - so am really pleased with this and it's still a work in progress!    I want to do his altered bottle course too!
 A stack of mail art waiting to be 'claimed' LOL - I made a batch of them a while ago so I was ready to go
 My first watercolour card using my new stamp - I found it very therapeutic!
 A sticky backed canvas page that I've used in my pairs journal on collabor-art blog, I was amazed at how much it curled up - really must get around to flattening the rest!
 And finally the other week I mentioned my time turner - this was a gift from hubby for Christmas, a replica of Hermoine's time turner from Harry Potter it sit's in it's own case on my desk all the time - it's much loved because it's something that I often say I wish was real - a way to turn back time and do even more with my day - I could go to work and stay at home and craft and play in one day - now that would be awesome!
 Off to link up with Julia and then to see how many desks I can 'hit' before I leave this morning!

21 comments:

  1. So much fabulousness going on on your desk!!! ...and we could all do with a lend of that Time Turner lol :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to see such a busy desk!!! Love the "time turner" too!.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh i need a time turner too! Can it go back years?
    Many thanks for sharing your great artwork too
    Happy WOYWW day
    Lisa #16
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Busy, busy comes to mind looking at your desk Virginia.
    Lots of creativity and fun.
    That time turner looks amazing.
    Thanks for popping by my place earlier and leaving a lovely comment. Much appreciated :D
    Enjoy your WOYWW desk hop! Neesie #11

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! Lots going on here. Oh I WISH..re Time Turner!Great desk. Thanks for visiting. I am enjoying exploring the Pan Pastels.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG - I just don't know where to look first! Of course I LOVE the layout, and the steampunk book,and the time turner (oh if we could all have one that worked LOL!)

    Fab, fab, fab

    Happy Woyww from Mary Anne (1)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fab lot of projects you have going on there!!! Happy woyww ! Trish #51

    ReplyDelete
  8. Afternoon Virginia, I love your water colour card, really smooth, soothing colours. You have been a busy bee, your 12x12 layout looks great and I can't wait to see your book cover finished it looks so interesting.
    Kxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you have some brilliant things on the go at the moment, how do find time to work?? Love the Michael Powell stamp, you have coloured it so beautifully. Happy WOYWW, Anne #18

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wowza - you have been busy. I really like that steampunk cover Virginia.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. As a huge Harry Potter fan too I love your Hermoine's time turner! Fab desk too and super makes to see! Take care and enjoy this sunny & warm WOYWW. Zo xx 80

    ReplyDelete
  12. It has ARRIVED - awesome, ha ha - doing a few more hops then I'm starting on that arch page!!!!

    I mailed mine to you at 5pm and it would have been 4 quid more for next day so sent it first class - so bummer - probably you won't get it till Friday - will try to keep in synch with you better next time...

    and that clock? now I know how you get so much done in one hour!

    dx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well I am going to have to check out Andy Skinner, I am wanting to alter some bottles so that seems righ up my alley, thanks! Lots of beautiful projects on your desk! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What fun...lots of creativity Our weather...wow the WIND is horrific
    definetly and inside day here Happy WOYWW

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous post... you are a busy bee.. fab Michael Powell stamp and you have coloured it just perfect.... Hugs MAY X X X#30

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow lots of creativity going on here. I had to work today too.
    LOve the michael powell stamp I am hopefully going to get it at the weekend. I recognise the craft stamper swirly stamp too
    janet#47

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my! I am in love with that time turner - I often say I need one. What a brilliant gift!

    Loving the idea of keeping a note of things in your book, I may nick that idea.

    The watercolour card is beautiful - I never would have guessed that was a stamp. Lovely snoop at your desk Virginia - I didn't get round to posting this week! oops!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think your "time turner" is just lovely!! Although I don't think I'd use one; I'm tired enough with the hours I've got already!! You have some glorious creations shown - bravo!

    Jeannie #75

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ha! I wish I had the time turner too..wouldn't it be useful occasionally :) I love that grey steampunk work you've done...mmm, cogs and gears, why are they so fascinating??
    Hugs, LLJ #57 xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great watercolouring but best of all is that time turner, they actually exist how awesome. I wish they would do what they were ment to do and if so I want one too. LOL

    Eliza #49
    http://queenartoypia.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  21. lots of really great pics and wonderful projects and colours! The turner is wonderful! Thanks so much for calling by - enjoy the weekend! Sarah.

    ReplyDelete