Sunday, 27 May 2012

SUNDAY POST

Oh it's lovely out there but given the skin tablets I'm on I'm not allowed to sit in the sun because I might burn - having tested this theory yesterday when I was out for 10 minutes in the sun and came back in with a burnt shoulder - they are correct - shall not be doing that again in a hurry!

Sunday morning has consisted of the world's biggest ironing pile and that's official whilst hubby and said 11 year old made the mad dash to Toys R Us for the last lego freebie (thank goodness - not being funny but I'm sick of seeing this paper in my house - probably because as the week wore on we started buying multiples of the paper so said 11 year old could have multiples of the free lego)!  However on their return, we are now the proud owners of two Star War lego freebies, a pack of Skylanders and a packet of cress.

The ironing is done, the washer is on again and I've managed a rather cooling shower.  Hubby came back and mowed the front lawn so he's now sat with the fan on him - so main jobs done - hurray.

Yesterday I spent most of my time Steampunking everything - Andy Skinner style - hoping to do some more work on those later!

So the rest of Sunday stretches out - decision decision - what to do!

So emptying more of my blog folder - this photo was taken whilst we were away October half term last year and the wood burning in the fire - looked decidedly strange - like a face - it was a little eerie - so I took two photos one showing said 11 year old and the other showing the 'close up' fire face and then scrapbooked about it when I returned.
Up close, punched hearts with glossy accents and hand stitching as well as double matted photos!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely colour combo, makes your piccys stand right off the layout. Super stitching I spy and hearts my fav! Great page Virginia.
    Kxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, you've got your ironing done! Guess what I'm going to be doing this afternoon (hottest part of the day!) after I've cooked and eaten a roast dinner?! YES, IRONING!!

    Great LO with the spooky fire face! You could write a fab story using that as your prompt......

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend,

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for the end of the ironing pile! I'm leaving mine until the weather cools down..:)
    Love the LO - great colour combo ad fascinating picture of the fire..it is a bit creepy.
    Stay out of the sun and chill somewhere!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. give me ten minutes and it willbeup...

    dx

    ReplyDelete