So without further ado
- I'm alive and I'm breathing and I'm getting to enjoy the sunshine and the blue skies - this week said 11 year old came home one of his friends at school has a Mum who is poorly again, I don't know the detail but I know said 11 year old's friend has stayed home to spend some time with her Mum this week which doesn't bode well and on the same day he explains that another friend's Mum died over the weekend, to say I'm gobsmacked is an understatement, she can't have been very old and I saw her frequently as she used to walk to school to collect her daughter, having gone through the anguish of losing a parent at a young age I know hard difficult this time will by. You may be asking why am I talking about it here - on a grateful post - what is there to be grateful about such sadness - because it was my chance to talk to said 11 year old about why I do this post each and every week, to say that none of us have a guaranteed amount of time, to say that none of us know what is around the next corner and that we should never wish our lives away no matter how difficult and challenging. My Rocking posts are my chance to take stock, we all race through life, cooking and cleaning and ironing and sorting and taxi-ing and all the other daily chores that most of us wish would just do themselves so we could do something else, but when in the last week did you actually stop and take stock - that's what this post is about. So my grateful if just that - I am alive, I have a fabulous family, an amazing hubby a gorgeous son, I can appreciate the blue skies and the sunshine I have a roof over my head and food in my stomach, we can just about manage our bills, we live in a country that gives us the right to vote. We can be ourselves and for all of these things I am truly grateful.
- I am grateful for my blogging friends who communicate frequently and 'get' my need to craft.
- I'm grateful to Joanna for sharing the Book of Secrets link last week as I signed up and am having great fun creating steampunk
- I'm grateful for Carmen pointing me in the direction of ERA that turned into a rediscovery of Enigma and then hubby finds Magna Canta (not sure if that's spelt right) and discovering new music!
- I'm grateful for Sarah starting the collabor-art blog which has led to my pairs journal which is allowing me to explore art more freely in my book and in Donna's!
- I'm grateful to Donna for convincing me that we would make a great pair - she's right we do seem to compliment each other brilliantly!
- I'm grateful to have a fabulous Mum, chats with her recently haven't all centered around work (except the hour and a half conversation Wednesday night but we'll forget that one).
- I'm grateful my sister finished her assignments and sat her exam and we now have a summer to look forward to where we spend a bit more time together.
- I'm grateful that said 11 year old has finished his SATS.
- I'm grateful that I finally acknowledged that I need some help on the weight loss front - watch this space.
- I'm glad that our house is cool in summer when it's warm outside - I will whinge about it being cold in winter but for now it's nice to come into a cool house.
- I'm glad hubby got the car sorted on Wednesday when the air-con stopped working on it - with it being a black car and this heat and no air con working it wasn't pleasant!
- I'm glad I got up stupidly early on Thursday morning because it gave me down time!
- I'm glad Charlaine Harris decided to put a plot in the book I'm reading, it was sadly lacking from the last one!
- I'm glad it's pay day on Friday - hopefully if I hit the button and I'll actually get paid LMAO!
There are so many other things I could list but for now I'm going to stop and thank you for reading and for sharing and thank you for being part of my life - I am blessed!
Before I go and put up Mr Linky - some 12 x 12 crafting - now Susie I'm going to warn you that you may need to look away at the moment because this blog folder of mine is full I repeat full of Christmassy layouts - I'll get three put here to start to empty it but you may need to close your eyes for now!
first up a photo we took at Chatsworth last Christmas
Susie you can look back now - here's My Linky - hope you have a beautiful and blessed weekend and week ahead!