Thursday, 17 May 2012

MORNING ALL

Good Morning - can't believe it's almost a week since I last posted - where is the time going!  SATS week here so majorly stressed 11 year old, thankfully we've gone past the half way mark, he's got Maths Paper B today and two science papers tomorrow and then he's done - none of us can wait!

Anyway since I have such a lot of items still sat in my blog folder I thought I'd share a few things this morning, I've woken up to a bright morning with a bit of sun and it's raining - most confused?

This is a piece of mail art I sent on the Collabor-art blog - well received from what I understand
 and this is one received in return from Shirley
 Another one sent out recently
 and another
 and another
 and one received from Lorraine
 this is my pairs journal that I've received back from Donna and am currently working on - we've worked on our own, swapped then I worked on Donna's journal and now it's returned home and I'm back working on my own again - it really is making me think outside the box on some of my pages, so much so that last night I swapped some of my 'blanks' for other more interesting base pages - much fun!
 Inside Donna's journal - I extended her fabric of Paris - with paint on the left.
Layout wise this is one from a visit to the Forbidden Corner last year, if you look closely you can see said 11 year old at the bottom on the left hand side - hence the title are you a giant.  Made from two stumps of wood it was an amazing piece of art work hidden in the woods and was one of the last pieces that we found as well as being one of my favourites.
 Up close, hand stamping, hand stitching - the norm for me LOL  the journalling is hidden on a tag behind the main picture.
So there we have it a few bits of art to share!  Hope you are having a great day!

5 comments:

  1. I love your mail art..so happy to be a recipient too..:)
    The journals sound interesting and fun.
    Great LO.
    Fingers crossed for said 11 year old and SATs.
    The boy has his final exam tomorrow too.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! Your Collabor-art pieces are amazing..and your paris journal...and your scrapbooking...:D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. Am loving all your Mail Art Virginia and you KNOW I love both the journals.

    Still go 'oooooh' when I see that cover!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been a busy busy girl! I spy the artwork you sent me (later today I'll be posting on my blog about stuff I've received recently, including this lovely piece).

    The pairs journal idea is really lovely - I don't know if I could bring myself to do anything to someone else's work though!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. flipping brilliant mail art you clever clever thing you :)

    ReplyDelete