Saturday, 12 May 2012

JUST FOR K

Morning all, I was reading a blog post this morning about the versatility of the Portabello Road papers from Papermania, I did yet another layout with a Union Jack style page last night which was great fun.  I didn't think I'd 'empty' the pack, but that's what I've managed to do up to now - it's looking decidedly thin on the ground now which is only a good thing.  I've not managed to get it photographed yet - but thought I'd share a layout from when I first got the pack!

This was one of the first I did using the papers just as they were, however I did hand stitch around all the elements on the page and yes before you ask it did take an absolute age!
 Up close you can see the tiny handstitching in cream
Hope you are all having a great Saturday morning, the sun is shining here, hubby is reading a recipe book and we're listening to an Asian Lounge CD at the moment - bliss!

7 comments:

  1. Just lovely Virginia and I love your journalling too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw bless, look, a blog post just for me! :-D
    It is a fab layout virginia, and with such a strong background it didnt need much put on it in the way of embellishments etc except for your trade mark stitching of course. And it isnt even a british/jubilee related page (as such)! Inspiring sweetie, I look forward to seeing the other one you did xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Virginia, yes the stitching makes all the difference - set the page right off. {Papermania have missed a right trick} Most of my men cards {not many if I can help it, tee hee} are in the red, white, blue theme. My next card design, after my tutorial will be a Union Jack design now!!!!
    Will pop back in to peep at your finished - photographed Portobello road Union Jack Page too! Oh and the Docrafts latest mag freebies are Portobello Road papers [8] size A4 though and 3 text stamps and a tiny bird that coordinate with the papers too.
    Thanks hun
    Kxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Came here via Carmen, we both posted layouts using the same paper! Yours is far superior...love the stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab LO Virginia. That paper range is super...a bit of National pride with a slightly shabby twist.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful LO - and sweet sweet sentiment for your man :o)

    x

    ReplyDelete