Wednesday, 28 March 2012

MID WEEK POST - THIS IS BECOMING THE NORM ISN'T IT!

Morning all - yes Wednesday again, Wednesday mornings mean one thing a mass catch up on my lovely blogging friends and all their amazing crafting work and their lives, utterly bliss.

Now this house is currently a craft free house - nope I'm not kidding - too many hours at work and not enough time at the craft table make Virginia a very very very dull person!

Anyway more layouts done previously to share, this is the Portabello Road paper from Papermania - I loved these papers, deep blues and reds - totally up my street, however, the downside to them - was the 'almost done' feel to them - I mean they were great papers just as they - what to do to alter them into feeling like I'd scrapbooked and not had a cutting and sticking session?
 Up close you can see how this was resolved, I tore some red paper and went over the original red on the page, to give it a more shabby look, I also stitched around all the navy blue triangles on the page, created an embellishment from painted chipboard and scraps of paper.  I used up a piece of vellum for a title and created some bunting for the journalling - overall really pleased with this layout!
So if you've got an almost done paper - take another look at it and see if by overlaying other colours and papers you too can create a scrapbook page!  Hope you're all having a great day!

6 comments:

  1. Love the LO!! Great use of those papers...I really like the colours but haven't bought them as I too think they're "almost done"...and I'm on a stash diet!!!lol
    Hugs xx
    p.s. hope you find some crafting time soon..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same problem when the papers are already so done... they are really hard to do anything with to make them different, love what you did to this version. Annette #22

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you have done with them complete with your stitching :D I have those papers too and just done a page with them (tho not posted it yet) I cut up the union flag and layered it! I love the colours too :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout – I love the journalled bunting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very inventive to change the " almost done" paper !

    Lovely to hear from you mid week - I probably won't do a rocking Friday post this week as I've pretty much blogged about most of it and am helping yet another friend move ( this time not splitting from her husband ! )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very clever - love it :D

    ReplyDelete