Sunday, 19 February 2012

RIP RESURRECTED CIRCLE JOURNAL

Morning all, just thought I'd put a quick post of Beth's page that I did on before it's time to post the next one LOL.

I enjoyed this journal probably because it was a good size which gave me lots of page to play with, I fought with tissue paper which wasn't so great and then with tracing paper but finally managed to beat it into submission to create this double page layout.
The left hand page up close 
 And the right hand page
 Close ups I wrote the lyrics over the faces with a red sharpie and allowed some of the paint to go over the page, to blend it all in





Used the LP font that I had on the PC and managed to use some grey scrapbook paper which I didn't think I ever would - just shows you - if you can't use it one way you can use it another!

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous! Well done on using grey - you may well have inspired me!lol
    Seriously, I love the way you've laid out these pages and that font is a new one to me, but perfect for the LO.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these are interesting pages Virginia. It's a really dramatic spread. I like their faces coming out of the darkness and also the lyrics on their faces.

    Great stuff!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooohh I really love your journal page !!! love the colorcombo and how your wrote over the faces... what a great expression

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the layering and "darkness" in these pages(grungy didn't quite cover it lol) :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just gorgeous :) Love the writing and how it fades into the faces...beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love this one - I bet these books are really coming together and looking fabulous. Always love the techniques you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic page, I love how you have done the writing over the faces, it looks great! The LP font is really great too. x

    ReplyDelete