Thursday, 2 February 2012

ONE OF A KIND AND A THANK YOU TO SUSIE!

One of my favourite pages that I've done in quite some time 

This one was using a template from January's edition of Scrap 365 the original artist being Wendy McKee.  It was a really fun layout to do because it meant I could use a favourite paper of Once Upon a Time fame but in a slightly different way to show off it's true gorgeousness - I find splitting pages like this into smaller fragments really brings the eye to appreciate the detail.  

Now this isn't a normal style layout for me, but just before Christmas Susie sent me a gift that contained lots of little goodies - all sorts of gorgeousness.  Within the parcel was a tag she had filled with lace and ribbons which on the evening I was making this page I decided to put in my ribbons and lace bag and so the tag sat there waving at me, the next minute, I'm cutting out some matching tags (matching in size) then I dry embossed the tag Susie sent, added a little bit of the Once Upon a Time paper to the top and it became an accent for the page!  I added to it lots of little metal tags that I've had forever (I'm still stash busting where I can even if I do keep buying more LOL), some buttons, some statements from a scrapbook paper and before I knew it it had all come together.  
 A close up on the dry embossed tag sent by Susie!  So it just goes to show that from a gifted item can come great layouts - thank you Susie!
Hope you're all having a great Thursday! 

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous LO Virginia....isn't it funny, the things we never think to do....dry embossing a tag! Looks amazing :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous LO and I'm so pleased you're finding the goodies useful!
    I'm having to use up stash as I'm on a buying ban...someone totalled up my spend for last year..eek!!!!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout and it looks even nicer in the close up photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Virginia! this is a fab LO, love all the layering & textures! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a lovely LO - I really REALLY like Susie's tag that you've embossed, it looks great.

    x

    ReplyDelete