Sunday, 5 February 2012

DARCY'S 52 WORDS - FIRST

This is one of my favourites from my 52 word journal, using a picture of a ruined Abbey as the backdrop to the words.  The journalled words have been done between the title, which I've discovered is one of my favourite ways to add the journaling to these pages.  The title was drawn free hand in paint straight onto the page.  The bit you cannot tell from the picture is all the glittery pens I've used to create the page.  
Strangely enough we've woken to a similar wintry landscape this morning but without the ruined abbey!!

Having a laid back and leisurely day up to now (well if you ignor the snow clearing we did first thing).  Six nations on again this afternoon so more scrapbooking, I've actually spent an hour clearing my table - I've now got some space to work in.  How's everyone else's Sunday? 

6 comments:

  1. That is such a cool photo....and the writing in the sky works brilliantly :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful - image, title, journaling, colours etc. Really lovely.

    Quite a lot of snow here too. I had planned to do a load of arting this afternoon but fell asleep after our roastie lunch - so here I am on the computer having done nothing! Oh well, I'll do some in a minute. Gotta make flapjacks first and iron all the shirts for the family for the coming week, ugh :o(

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous page Virginia...and I am nicely tired now from playing all the lovely snow :) I love the sky with all the words in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pages Virginia.
    Laid back day here too...football and crafting for me.. :)
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the idea of Journalling round the letters. Fab page too.

    Also like your scrapbook page using purple. I didn't notice the purple which proves how well it works.

    Thanks for sharing all your lovely things. Hope things are good with you.

    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous page Virginia, you find the best images and give them such life.

    ReplyDelete