Wednesday, 25 January 2012

A MID WEEK POST - DON'T FAINT!

The weeks are whizzing by which means I'm getting frustrated that the only post I seem to be doing at the moment is the Rocking post, don't get me wrong I love my Rocking posts but I want to do posts in between them.  Wednesday morning always seems to be the time I get to do a quick post, but then spend so much time catching up on blog posts that often I don't get chance - is this just me?

Anyway I did a mass of photos of layouts at the weekend so I've plenty in my folder to share, this morning I'm going to share this layout called Fab!  why - because that was about the only word I could make up with the letters I'd got left LOL!  A picture of my niece post paddleboarding at Center Parcs last year asking how to take the life jacket off and Scott the instructor basically fastening it on like a straight jacket - perfect photo opportunity wouldn't you agree! I've used a combination of papers and embellishments, most of which I've had forever!  I love the colour combination, I used a butterfly stamp to compliment the butterfly paper as well.
 Up close you can see the stitching on the layout, this is definitely one of my signature elements on a page, I still have a huge stash of embroidery thread and so can usually find a co-ordinating colour!
 I finally managed to use the chipboard flourish on this layout behind the flowers (although  it does keep trying to unpeel itself from the page grrrrr).  I used buttons in the middle of the flowers to compliment the colour scheme.
 More stitching at the top of the page, most of the stitching I do is free hand, however, occasionally I'll hit a page with a stitching template!
I hope you're all having a great week!  If you happen by don't forget to say hi - has your January gone in the blink of an eye or is it just mine?  Also what's your favourite embellishment on a page?

5 comments:

  1. It is a vicious circle the more blogs you join in with the more there is to read and the less of everything else you find yourself a doing. I like that I have my woyww posts and my double Fridays keeps me in my blog world (you sound like you are feeling better this week). Now I also have a flikr group to keep on top of for the zippy pouch swap! Mind you I think you find out who your real blogging friends are - the ones who comment no matter what! Like your layout and the stitching. Hoping to get to Center Parcs one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the LO - fab photo and gorgeous papers and accents.
    Hugs xx
    p.s. hope this week is a little less fraught for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Virginia :D I try to blog 3 times during the week, mon/wed/friday, but I must admit I have lots of time to craft. Your layout is gorgeous, and I especially like the stitching..reminds me of when I used to cross-stitch :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab page, I especially love the stitching. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Virginia thank you for all your lovely comments, I don't seem to get time to blog or comment much at all so once a week is good I think :-) Yes where has Jan gone I would like to know that too!! lol Your layout is fabulous and the stitching detail finishes it off great. Take care love and hugs Lynne xox

    ReplyDelete