Sunday, 29 January 2012

GIFTS

I thought I'd share a gift I sent to a friend of mine before Christmas to document her daughter's Christmas.  I used an Ikea frame which actually has 'plastic' glass rather than normal glass if you know what I mean.  I used some Me to You Bear papers that I'd got in a stack and just played.  The back of the frame is a book type cover made using chipboard and brown gummed tape as the base and then pages inside that on a concertina fold.  
 Slightly better shot of the book without the glaring lights 
The inside pages were just a mix of the papers, torn or cut to a rectangular shape and then inked.  The books I've done in the past for her have been predominantly pink but this one uses a selection of different colours, the papers providing the colour inspiration.











 I left the back of the book simple with a paint technique on the same. 
 From the top you can see the frame edge and the 'book' element of it and the concertina pages contained therein.  I had much fun creating the book and I know Karen enjoyed receiving it and took loads of photos to document the Christmas festivities!
Hope you're all having a great weekend! 

5 comments:

  1. Wow!!! Amazing book Virginia - love the photo frame cover - inspired work!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is sooo clever Virginia! I bet your friend was thrilled!! :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea, and beautifully made. I'm sure your friend WAS happy receiving this wonderful memory gift.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely idea, I bet she was thrilled to bits. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ginny
    Your name caught my eye around blogland and I've not been by to say hi for a while. Glad I did, what a great Idea! Fancy using a frame as a book cover - inspired! But then you are a very inspiring lady.
    Loadsa Hugs and smiles
    x Michelle

    ReplyDelete