Wednesday, 14 December 2011

DARCY'S 52 WORDS - ALLIANCE

This is the first post of quite a few where I'll be catching up with Darcy's 52 words, not that sounds like I'm behind, which technically I am but not as much as it would appear, I did do quite a few pages in the summer which I have yet to share with you - this one is the word Alliance and was around the time of the start of the RIP Resurrected circle journal which is what I documented about - having a group of us together again with a commonality of rock music is fabulous!
I thought it summed things up just great using a music note punch I've got and very rarely get the use of!

This week is proving a little on the tedious side, things are mad at work which is good and bad at the same time, good because it keeps me on my toes and the days fly by, bad because I have sooooooooooooooooo much work to do that it's scaring me, today will be day two of probably one of the worst payrolls I've run this year with the exception of April's which tops the lot by a long shot.  Despite best efforts yesterday I didn't come anywhere close to completing it - so I'm faced with that challenge this morning - boo hiss!

Last night saw said 11 year old's KS2 presentation (known as a nativity to everyone else), we thoroughly enjoyed the evening which was held in the school hall, the children were awesome, the costumes fantastic and a few solo parts were sung - some very brave young children out there!  Tonight we get a repeat performance but this time in church which will give it that extra special edge because I don't think there is anything nicer than a church full of people during the evening listening to something as precious as a child's nativity.  We were faced again with the 'don't take photos' statement which drives me nuts, fair enough not taking photos with flash during the performance, but not being able to take photos generally has basically taken away our right to record our children's lives - needless to say we stole a picture of him on his own at the end in his regalia but it really does sadden me that in this day and age we are deprived of recording moments in history.

Some of my favourite carols were sung from Silent Night to We Three Kings, all the old favourites were included and it made it an incredibly special evening, the only downside that following the 12 hour day at work on Monday and the late finish of the nativity meant a late night for us all, so this morning I am absolutely shattered, could really do with a lie in at some point!!!

How's everyone else, from my last post it would appear that I'm not the only one struggling to get 'into' the festive spirit of things at the moment, I don't know what it is about this year that is making it feel so very different from previous years, perhaps I'm too busy at work?  Or maybe not done enough 'Christmassy' things to be feeling it - whatever it is I wish it would go away so I can get into the right frame of mind, and I'm sooooooooooo behind on my journal your Christmas it's scary!

Oooh this isn't the happiest of posts is it - I do apologise - I think I must be tired!

So I'll leave you with something to smile about - you'll have to forgive the marks on the photo it's an old picture but that is me playing Mary back in about 1976/1977 and if I'm correct that crib was the same one used last night - I kid you not!

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous post Virginia :D Like you said, we're all feeling a bit off this year. As for kiddy pics, the actual rule is that it as at each schools discretion, and you can take picks of your own child. If you want other peoples kids in pic, just ask them first. My eldest was at Nursery school when all this started. We were lucky enough to have his nativity play videoed, but one of the parents was "dodgy", put images of some of the kids on tinternet peedo site!!! Apparently this was quite common as internet was just getting going. That's when all the warnings and bans came into effect, not by authorities, but by schools afraid of being sued. Maybe your school needs to discuss this protocol more openly with the parents, so photo's can be taken before/after performance :D
    On an up note "You wook soooo cooot!!" as mary haha!:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This lovely photo highlights the things that folk are missing out on these days by the 'no photo' practice.

    Lovely page Virginia.

    Hope you manage to catch up on some sleep & rest after what sems to have been quite a hectic week so far.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. great page, love that silhouette figure in the middle, makes me think of 'Tales of the unexpected' lol

    I am so not feeling christmassy, OH keeps saying its just me, but everywhere i go online people are saying the same thing. Can't wait for it to be over to be honest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your post..and totally agree that the world has gone mad...the no photo rule is pointless and generates hysteria...
    Love the picture of you as Mary - very sweet...:)
    Still no Christmas spirit here either..sadly...doesn't seem to be much of it about anywhere
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete