Monday, 21 November 2011

A BIT OF CRAFTING AND SOME CARDS I DIDN'T MIND

Good Morning my beautiful blog friends grab a virtual cuppa and pull up a seat to share some crafting with you. 

This will be my first day attempting to go to work - think about me because I've got payroll to run for over 70 people - let's hope I get it right, might not be up to work on Tuesday though - we'll see!

Anyway, I've been aware that I've not been as active on my blog recently so thought I'd try and make an effort to get a few more blog posts on here now I'm upright and level again (nearly almost).

So I thought I'd share a double page spread that I did from earlier in the year detailing parts of Scarborough and my gorgeous hubby and said 11 year old!

I love blending blues and greens together and using up older papers - I'm loving that but haven't done a 12 x 12 layout for an absolute age so must get back particularly bearing in mind that I've had two photo deliveries recently.  I seem to be on with Christmas based items at the moment, really busy sorting things out for that so have had very little personal scrapping time! 

Up close you've got this edge which I've managed to get upside down for my blog post - but let's not stress LOL

And my stamped title using a favourite Papermania alphabet, matted and raised on sticky pads
A while ago I did some cards that I was actually quite pleased with and because I've got bored of seeing them in my blog folder thought I'd include them on this post.

Now I never ever profess to be a card maker so it's always nice to be able to show off ones that I don't mind, this is one of the card and the matching envelope
I used offcuts of paper, punchinella, peel offs (because I was using them up), embossing folders and little stamps and as you can see this set of cards turned out into little easel cards which I was mighty pleased with. 

So there you go a little crafting for you I hope you enjoy

5 comments:

  1. Good luck with your return to work - and returning to a payroll for 70 people? Yikes!!

    Great colour combo in your gorgeous Heroes LO. Lovely card too - it's always satisfying to find a use for the bits and pieces you've had hanging around for a while. Great result!

    x
    thank you so much for your kind comments on my blog, they touched my heart. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see your feeling up to using your puter :D The LO and cards are beautiful! Hope your day at work isn't too stressful :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards and pages are really beautifully put together Virginia. You have a real eye for the details that add so much. Hope everything stays on a level for you and the payroll run goes well - I get a headache just thinking about numbers! pen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the double LO - great photos too.. :)
    And well done with the cards - love them too.
    Hope work wasn't overtiring - hugs and sparkles for you. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope everything went well with the payroll.

    Beautiful LO - the colour scheme is lovely and great cards. Well done on using up some old stash.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete