Monday, 3 October 2011

ROCK IN PEACE RESURRECTED CIRCLE JOURNAL FINALLY LEAVES THE BUILDING...

So I finally got the circle journal completed yesterday, in all honesty I don't know why I left it until the last minute but I did, i made decent headway on Friday but then lulled myself into a false sense of security, busy Saturday morning, then a BBQ at my Mum's on Saturday night and a day out on Sunday meant for a very fraught and slightly stressful Sunday evening, but I rose to the challenge (as did said hubby) and I got there (just) with an early start Monday there was no chance of me managing a bit more today, it had to be done!  Anyway it's finally on the way to Jasmine, so I thought I'd share the covers and my layout - I've gone for the theme of Linkin Park - I fancied a circle journal inspired by them, thought it would be a great piece of artwork to look through in years to come! 

The cover verges on steampunk (no idea why) and is very textured!   

The bank not so varied in colours but I still liked it!

Inside are pages that fold out, I used some of the song lyrics and a sheet of the oldest paper I think I have!  It came from the 12 x 12 magazine back in its hey-day that had 'free' papers in the middle and I'll be honest I never thought I'd use it - ever!
then the inside page - inspired by one of my favourite tracks of there's complete with a Chester stencil!  I used the inspiration from the album cover Hybrid Theory but couldn't bring myself to add butterfly wings to Chester LOL!
Finally the back of my entry has photos of the band on double mounted, I thoroughly enjoyed doing the layout and can't wait to start on this circle journal journey!

It's been a fraught start to the journal, but it was such good fun last night going to the wire, because I wasn't the only one!  A bit of camaraderie in the team ranks was great and I'm really looking forward to getting to know everyone! 

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. this looks fantastic! really looking forward to getting my paws on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!!!
    Amazing covers and I really like the pull out pages.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, this is brilliant! Love it all. The time pressure you put yourself under certainly produced some great artwork.

    Love the silhouette (can't believe I managed to spell that right without looking it up!), what a great effect.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Virginia! This is you doing a rush job? How is it possible? Love, love, love it and can't wait to see it for real. Like all the other girls have said - stencil and how you did it please ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ginnie
    So lovely to hear from you again, been hiding away and just resurfacing to find a lovely comment on my blog from you. Made my day! Lovin your journal, the texture you've achieved is amazin! Gonna try a little texture next time I get round to journalling me thinks! Hope your heart is smiling today
    x Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Virginia this is stunning!!! I can't wait to get my hands on it but at the same time Im dreading trying to do it justice :)

    Sian (aka Violaceous UKS)

    ReplyDelete