Wednesday, 17 August 2011

WEEK DISAPPEARING, BEHIND ON BLOGS AND A CLASS OR TWO FROM SHIMELLE

Morning all, plan for this week was to keep up with blogs and craft to retain sanity chip - not happening on all counts, so I need a mass blog read catch up and some down time to do more crafting, however, I did decide to do a few layouts following Shimelle's cybercrop over the weekend, which gave us a whole week to create the layouts, which I love, I've often wanted to do the cybercrops on UKScrappers but my crafting fits into my family life and a whole weekend creating is not something I can 'afford' so I often sit on the sidelines looking at the fabulous creations as they happen.

The first challenge Shimelle set was to create a layout using a 'sketch' that she had produced (actually she'd produced the basic page layout she shared before adding photos, title, journaling etc) so this is my interpretation of said layout! Now this isn't my normal 'colour' scheme because you just don't get the opportunity to mix purple and yellow very often - but it went with the picture so as you can see I was 'digging' deep into the paper pile to do the photo justice which meant using up some very very old papers - so a plus on many counts, first joining in a cybercrop, the second actually creating a layout and the third using up old paper!  What could be better!

Right off to mow the back garden and try and entice said 10 year old to get himself in the shower, something he promised hours ago!  Then off to work this afternoon - the statement - DON'T ASK!  Comes to mind and where is said 10 year old being abandoned today - well DH has come to the rescue - guess whose going to be top of the Rocking list this week!  Ah well must dash - promise to have a read of your beautiful blogs later (might be much later like tomorrow but you never know). 

4 comments:

  1. oooo your layout is lovely!! i think those colours are wonderful!! Ah hope you get everything you need to get done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous LO - I love the colour combo.:) And WTG!! on using up old stash - polish your halo Virginia! lol
    And well done to DH - he's one in a million and deserves to be top of the Rocking list.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colours on your LO Virginia.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab layout and extra Brownie points for using older paper. X

    ReplyDelete